Chapter 45

My eyes narrowed. "What do you mean, it's our room," I yelled. 

He rolled his eyes. "It wasn't my idea, Lucas kicked me out of my room and replaced me with May. If you've got a problem with it, take it out with him," he shrugged before going back to his phone. 

I took a step for the door, so I could go find Lucas and yell at him, but then I paused.

 What kind of idiot would I be if I passed at sharing a room with my crush? 

Even if that said crush hated my guts at the moment, I'd still be able to sneak a peek at him when he's getting changed. 

Yeah, yeah, I'm a pervert, sue me...

I walked over to my bed and sat down on the foot of it. "But what if the teachers find out...," I asked cautiously.

 He snorted and looked up in a bored manner. "Relax, Miss goody two shoes, the teachers aren't allowed to come in the cabin unless they knock, which gives us plenty of time to swap back," he explained as he rolled his eyes. 

"I suppose that's true...," I sighed. I looked over at him and observed him curiously. 

Funny, he didn't seem all that bothered at sharing a room with me...

After everyone had settled into their cabins and had dinner the teachers let us have free time to explore the camp. Everyone in our cabin after only five minutes of exploring decided to relax, and sit on the patch of grass in front of the lake. 

Nobody was saying anything, and everyone was just enjoying the beautiful view of sparkling stars on the jet-black night sky.

 Then, Lucas decided to ruin it 

"I was expecting you to come yell at me for switching rooms, Mia," Lucas chuckled as he sent me a knowing look.

 "I can always start now, if you'd like me to," I snapped in warning. 

"I just thought I'd let you know that Ethan didn't hesitate for a second when I asked him to switch. Take that how you will," Lucas smirked as he looked between two of us suggestively. 

Ethan snapped his head towards Lucas in irritation. "Do you ever shut the fuck up," Ethan bit back angrily.

 "Sorry...I can't help it I'm bored, I felt like provoking someone," Lucas whined, as he pouted at Ethan.

Ethan tried to maintain his hard glare on Lucas, but as soon as he saw Lucas' pouting face, he soon cracked a smile before starting to break into laughter.

 I smiled as I saw May reach for Lucas' hand and start to play with it. "I still can't believe that you guys are dating, didn't May kick you at your own party," I laughed, as I looked between the two of them in disbelief. 

"What can I say, May has an interesting flirting technique...," Lucas sighed as he shot May a pitiful look.

 She scowled and pinched him hard on the shoulder.

"Ouch, see what I mean," he whined as he rubbed at his arm. I threw my head back and laughed, and brushed my tears of laughter away from my eyes. 

My eyes drifted over to Ethan, and I was surprised to find that he was already staring at me. His blue eyes had softened, and he was staring at me with a warm smile.

 As soon as he noticed I was looking, the smile fell from his face almost immediately, and he quickly looked away, making it seem as though he was never looking at all.