Chapter 38

"Don't you think that's confusing?" I yelled as I kicked my locker door in frustration. 

I was complained to my May about what had happened with Ethan last night. After that kiss, I had no idea where we stood anymore, and it was confusing the hell out of me. 

May looked seconds away from headbutting her head against the wall. 

She let out a heavy sigh. "Let me see, the boy is constantly flirting with you, he's kissed you not once now but twice, and he looks at you every day like he wants to jump you. I'm one-hundred percent sure he likes you," she yelled in exasperation.

 "He just has a flirty personality, so that doesn't count," I argued. "And..and...he doesn't look at me like that," I mumbled as my face burned hot with embarrassment.

"Who looks at you like what?" a deep voice said from behind me.

 I jumped in shock and turned around to see Ethan. He had managed to creep up behind us without either of us noticing. 

"Oh, nothing," I stammered out nervously, praying to God he hadn't heard much of the conversation.

 His mouth stretched out in his obnoxious grin. "Were you guys talking about me, by any chance? Is that why your face is turning the color of a tomato?" he teased.

 "Yup," May said bluntly.

 I shot her a look of irritation. "For fuck's sake, May, you're supposed to be on my side," I snapped.

 Ethan started to shake with laughter, and his eyes started to crinkle at the corners. He sobered up and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "It's okay Chubs, It's natural to wonder what I look like naked. I'm hot, I get it," he said softly, but his voice cracked slightly giving away the fact that he was trying not to laugh.

I wasn't the slightest bit amused and shot him a daggered look. "We weren't talking about that, you fucking idiot. We were discussing how much we hate you," I snapped. 

"Hmm sure thing, babe," he hummed, sounding far from convinced.

 "Babe?" I scoffed. "Excuse me, while I dry heave into a fucking toilet."

 He smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Aww, babe, I love it when you get all flirty," he cooed.

 I slapped his arm away in annoyance, and he just laughed. 

 "Anyway, are you ready to study?" he asked as he rubbed his hands together in excitement.

 May immediately let out a loud snort as he said this, and we both turned to look at her in confusion.

 "What's so funny?" I asked.

 "I just think it's cute that you guys are still pretending you actually study at these alleged 'study sessions,'" May drawled out as she shot both of us a suggestive look. 

Ethan shrugged. "Fair point, we don't do shit," he said, nodding his head in agreement. He didn't seem remotely embarrassed at being called out.

 "Hey, that's not entirely true, we do sometimes get a little bit of work done..." I trailed off. Both of them shot me a dead-pan look as if to say nobody is believing your bull-crap Mia.

"Whatever, let's get going then," I said as I pulled on Ethan's arm. I waved May goodbye, as we started to make our way down the corridor.

 As we walked, I couldn't help but noticed the way some of the girls who passed him by were looking at Ethan. Quite a few of them would giggle and point at him or subtly adjust their clothing in an attempt to try and impress him. Of course, I understood why. He was a senior, ridiculously good-looking, and one of the star soccer players. However, this didn't help to ease the horrible jealous feeling that was bubbling up inside of me.