Chapter 58

A few hours later and our little gang were outside the familiar doors of April's house. The last time I came here felt like a lifetime ago, but in reality, it had only been a few months.

 It was the party we'd played truth and dare. I smiled as I remembered the game had ended rather abruptly when Ethan attacked Ben for trying to kiss me. 

It seemed so obvious now that he was jealous, but at the time, I just thought he was pulling one of his classic dick moves. I would never have humored the idea that he could like me.

We weren't even inside the house yet, and I could already hear the heavy beats of the music speakers blasting throughout the air.

 I adjusted my clothes and smiled as I saw I was still wearing Ethan's jersey. I was pretending that I didn't like wearing it to annoy Ethan, but in reality, I loved it. One, because it smelled amazing and two because it showed everyone he was mine.

  Yeah, I could be territorial too.

The door of the house swung open, and April stood before us. She looked gorgeous and was wearing an extremely tight two-piece burgundy dress, her ample breasts bulging out of the top of her bralette.

 It was hard not to feel a little insecure with her looking like some kind of top model. I found myself looking down at my body and comparing it to hers.

 "Hey guys, great to see you could make it," she cheered as a bubbly smile stretched out onto her face. She was addressing us all, but her eyes were unmistakably glued to Ethan. 

To say I felt incredibly irritated, would be the understatement of the century. The thirsty Bitch could see I was here, but she didn't seem to give two shits.

 Everyone said their greetings, and I could hear the visible tension in May and Chloe's tones. I sighed, knowing they were still giving her the cold shoulder as they still felt protective since they knew she slapped me.

We entered her house, and people immediately started cheering in celebration as Ethan and Lucas entered. Random people approached him and thumped him on the back in congratulations.

 "Wow, everyone's making my congratulations look like shit," I laughed as I looked up at him in amusement.

 He laughed heavily. "That's because it was shit, Chubs," Ethan said as he shook his head at me in fake disappointment.

 I gasped dramatically and held a hand up to my heart. "That's mean," I pouted as I narrowed my eyes at me. 

His eyes darkened and dropped down to my pouting lips. He reached his hand out and cupped my cheek before he traced his thumb softly against my lower lip with a lustful look in his eyes. 

"I can think of a few ways you could improve your congratulations," he whispered as he moved his head closer and closer to mine.

"Ethan, come celebrate with the boys," I heard one of his soccer friends call out, interrupting us. 

Ethan let out a heavy sigh as he broke apart from me. "I'm a little busy man," he snapped, with clear annoyance in his tone.

 "No, you're not. Go, celebrate, you idiot," I laughed as I pushed him towards his friends. I refused to make him the boy who neglected his friends just for his new girlfriend. 

"But...," he said helplessly.

 "Just go. I'll find you later," I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Okay fine. See you in a bit," he sighed.