Chapter 48

"But...but... how? When?" I stuttered out pathetically. 

Ethan slowly closed the distance between us and reached and took both of my hands in his. 

He swallowed. "Remember how I told you I had a crush on you back in the sixth grade, and that's why I was so mean to you?" he said softly, as he absentmindedly traced circles on the back of my hand. 

"Yeah?" I said hesitantly, not sure where he was going with this. 

"Didn't you notice I never told you what grade I got over it?" he asked.

 "Well, yeah, I noticed, but I just assumed you got over it in the same year. Crushes never last too long," I shrugged.

 He smiled. "Mia, I never told you a date because it doesn't exist. I never stopped. My feelings got worse with time, not better. I've spent the last six years insanely obsessed with you, Mia," he softly chuckled.

I shook my head in disbelief. "B-but that can that be true? You literally told me you liked someone else. You said she was perfect and all this other unbelievable shit," I said with narrowed eyes. 

He looked confused for a couple of seconds before realization swept over at him. 

He laughed. "That girl was you, Chubs. I was always, always talking about you. I could only ever love you." he whispered as his blue eyes flickered between mine. 

"Think about it, you're pretty much the only girl in school, I regularly talk to," he said as he smiled down at me in amusement. 

I opened my mouth and then closed it again, shocked to the point of speechlessness. 

"But seriously? The entire time...." I spluttered out like an idiot.

 "Yes, Chubs, the entire time, since the very first class we shared, all the way up till now," he smiled.

"But what's so great about me?" I asked in confusion. "Not to sound insecure, but I'm hardly 'perfect' or any of the other extremely nice things you said."

 "Are you actually kidding me? I can't think of a single thing that's not great about you, Chubs," he exclaimed. 

"You make me feel amazing when I'm just standing near you, and you make me smile even when I don't want to. And I love how crazy you are and how you're not afraid to break into my house in the middle of the night," he laughed as he shot me a pointed look.

 "I love bickering with you, and how you roll your eyes at me when I say something stupid. I love how your face goes all red whenever I say something inappropriate. I love how embarrassed you get whenever I check you out. I love how you throw a cushion at me whenever I piss you off. I love how when you bite your lip, you have no idea how much I want to kiss you," he said as his eyes drew down to my lips.

 I love how your eyes widen, whenever I get too close to you," he smirked as he took another step closer to me and squeezed my hands.

 "I just love you, okay," he said softly.

I felt like I could hardly breathe as I looked up into his intense blue eye. He reached out and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. 

 "I know you only see me as a friend, but I just needed to get this off my chest. I apologize if this creeped you out, and I'll promise not to-"

 I didn't let him finish and grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt and pulled his lips down to mine.

I heard him let out a small moan in surprise as our lips met. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I moved my lips softly and gently again his, wanting him to know how I felt.