Chapter 24

"We're here," Ethan said as he pulled into the driveway. 

We had been driving continually for close to three hours (minus a quick pit stop at McDonald's), and now, we were finally here. We were at a house, somewhere along the Californian coast. It was a nice double-storey house, with a wide-open space porch. 

"Wow, that was a quick drive. Didn't feel like three hours at all," I commented in surprise. 

 Ethan just chuckled before getting out of the car. "Well, that's because some of us spent two of those three hours sleeping," he accused. 

 "Sorry, is that a problem with that?" I snapped as I climbed out of the car.

 He smirked. "Actually no, it was great. I took a picture of you while you were sleeping. Drooling and all," he smiled triumphantly.

 I widened my eyes in horror and made a lunge for him.

 He was too fast for me, and dashed around to the other side of the car. For a while, I tried to chase him, but I soon gave up.

"Ethan, just delete it," I snapped.

 "No," he snorted. 

"Ethan, please," I asked nicely. 

He shook his head. "Hell no, this is the perfect material for next year's Christmas card," he laughed. 

Not knowing what else to do, I just stomped my foot down angrily like a 3-year-old. 

He rolled his eyes, "Relax, I'm just kidding. The picture I took was cute, and you weren't drooling," he explained. 

"But you still took a picture? Careful Ethan or I might think you have a crush on me," I teased.

 A strange look ran through his eyes as I said that, but he didn't say anything in response. 

"Anyway, do you reckon she's still up?" I asked as we started to walk over to the door. 

"Yeah, she normally goes to bed at around 10 or something."

Upon reaching the door, Ethan swiftly rang the doorbell. 

"Wait, crap. We haven't practiced what we're going to say. She's going to see right through us," I hissed quietly in panic. 

 "Relax, all you have to do is pretend you're obsessed with me, shouldn't be too hard," he winked. 

His comment almost made me laugh because he had no clue how true his statement really was.

The door swung open, to reveal a rather chipper looking old lady. She was attired in a warm looking dressing gown and a pair of snug slippers.

 "Oh Ethan," she cried as she threw her arms around him. 

"You just keep getting taller and taller, don't you?" she marveled, as she looked him up and down in impress.

 "Yeah I know, it's a gift," he chuckled arrogantly. 

"I've almost forgotten what it's like to be short," he smirked, as he shot me a pointed look. 

Cocky little dick.

 His grandma's eyes caught mine before widening in excitement. "And you must be the beautiful, Mia. Ethan tells me so much about you," she gushed as she reached out to hug me. 

When she let go, I turned to face Ethan with an arched eyebrow. "You sure tell a hell of a lot of your family members about me, huh?" I teased. 

He looked like he was about to bite back with some snide comment, but his grandma interrupted.