Chapter 36

"Just tell me where we're fucking going already?" I snapped.

 Ethan was driving me to some random location, and for some reason, he was insistent on keeping the whereabouts a mystery. And if it wasn't already obvious, it was really starting to piss me off. 

Ethan let out an exasperated sigh. "For the last, and final time Chubs, you'll see when we fucking get there."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you trying to kill me or something?"

It was a fair assumption to make considering how rude I am to him most of the time. 

He let out a long groan and looked seconds away from slamming his head against the steering wheel.

 "I wasn't planning on killing you, but I may change my mind if you don't shut up," he snapped. 

"I'm pretty sure, that was a confession," I sang, as I shot him a triumphant look. 

He rolled his eyes and shook his head at me in amusement. "You're actually an idiot, Chubs," he laughed. 

"That sounded to me, like the nervous laugh of someone, who knows they've been discovered," I drawled, as I looked him up and down judgmentally.

"Relax drama pants, we're here, so you can stop with the guesses," he chuckled. 

I looked out the window and raised an eyebrow, as I saw we were parked by a bunch of trees. 

"Okay, I was kind of joking about you killing me before, but now I'm not too sure anymore......" I mumbled as I took in the sight of the dark forest before me in worry.

 It was the perfect place to bury a dead body...

"You know, I don't actually mean it when I call you a dickhead, it's just good old friendly banter," I laughed nervously as we both climbed out of the car.

 In case he was planning on killing me, I figured the best tactic of distraction was to overly compliment him. With an ego like his, it was sure to work.

 "As entertaining as it is to watch you suck up to me, you are aware I'm not going to kill you right?" Ethan chuckled, as we trudged our way down a cobbled footpath. 

I just hummed unconvincingly as I continued to follow behind him. 

The forest was giving me a creepy vibe, with its odd rustling sounds and the eerily black night sky. I kept myself practically glued to Ethan's side, as embarrassingly, it made me feel one hundred times safer when he was close.

"No, but seriously, Ethan, why are you making me walk through a random forest in the dark?" I asked with a chuckle. 

"Just trust me, there's a cool place, I want to show you," he said as he looked back at me in excitement. 

 A second after he said that he turned left and started to divert off the cobbled pathway and into some bushes. I stopped dead in my tracks. Ethan looked back at me in confusion when he heard me stop walking.

 "Come on, it's this way, why'd you stop?"

"Erm...perhaps because I don't want to get attacked by a fucking coyote," I scoffed. 

Ethan walked over to me with a sigh before taking my hand in his. I felt a strange tingly feeling shoot up the entire length of my arm, as soon as our hands joined as one. And just like that, any fear of a coyote was gone, and I silently let him lead me off the path. The ground grew steeper as we walked, and the higher we climbed, the lighter the sky seemed to become.