Bonus chapter-Chapter two-Ethan's POV

Awkward silence filled the air and I froze. 

Fuck! Why did I just say that, I'm an idiot!

Her eyes widened in what I assumed to be horror. I might as well have just announced that I was a magical unicorn from how shocked she looked. 

I worked hard to keep my face straight, not wanting her to know how terrified I was. She narrowed her eyes at me, and It felt like the air was becoming thinner.

  Shit. Shit. Shit. She's going to realize I like her! What do I do? What do I do? 

I watched helplessly as she opened her mouth to speak and then closed it again. I knew it was only a matter of time before she burst into laughter and told me to get lost.

 I only had one option left-pretend it was a joke. 

I put on my best acting skills and pretended as though I was fighting the urge to smile before letting a fake wide grin spread over my face. Then I fully burst out into obnoxiously loud bouts of laughter and even held onto my stomach for dramatic effect. 

The irony was, I actually felt like crying...

"Oh my god," I said as though I was struggling for breath.

 In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't. 

"I can't believe," I paused and threw my head back. "I can't believe you actually thought I was going to kiss you. That was way too much fun," I said in between wheezes of laughter. 

I focused my gaze back on her. 

Please buy it, Mia, please for the love of God buy it. 

She raised a single, unamused eyebrow. "Thank God, because I was seconds away from projectile vomiting on your face if you got any closer," she snapped with a fiery passion in her eyes. 

Ouch, ouch, triple ouch. 

Her comment brought me back to a harsh reality-the closest thing I'd get to a kiss from her would be if she spat in my face. 

Despite how shitty I felt, I pretended her comment amused me, and I smiled before leaning in closer once again. "Look, Mia, we both know you're attracted to me. Just admit it," I said as I stared down at her provokingly. 

Then she did something that shocked me altogether, and dropped her eyes from my face and took a sweep over my body.

 Was I dreaming, or was Mia Collins seriously checking me out?

 If she was, today might just be the best day of my life.

 "My eyes are up here," I joked, not being able to help myself.

 A look of embarrassment crossed over her face, and she coughed awkwardly. 

Holy shit! She was embarrassed, that meant she was actually checking me out! 

If I were alone, I'd probably have started jumping up and down like an idiot.

 "I was just wondering when you were going to stop shopping at the woman's section and buy a top that can fit you for a change," she snapped sassily as she looked me up and down judgmentally.

 My smile immediately dropped from my face. Fucking, wonderful, she was just looking at me because she thought my top was too tight.

I knew it was too good to be true... 

narrowed my eyes. "I think someone clearly wants to get fired today," I spat spitefully as I spun around.

 Was I throwing a toddler tantrum because I was upset, she wasn't attracted to me?