28.

- Vanessa Valor -- los angeles, California -

- Vanessa Valor -
- los angeles, California -

"why are we here" i sighed as we walked into a party.

"girlll! you needa get out this sadness you got! party a lil" nia encouraged.

it's been a week since roddy broke things off with me. we haven't spoken to each other except if he texts me about dinner or i do the same. i miss him so fucking much. i can't sleep half the nights and to see him looking like he's doing just fine without me hurts.

"i got somebody for you" she smirked taking my hand leading me through the crowd of people until we made it to the kitchen.

"aye shorty" a lightskin boy hugged nia. "who dis?"

"this is Vanessa" she smiled.

"you wanted me to meet him?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"nah" she smirked. "this who i wanted you to meet"

holy fucking shit he fine..

"i'm zay" he took a sip
of my drink. "and ion wanna come off creepy or sum but you beautiful" he shook his head admiring my body.

"o-oh thank you" i sighed crossing my arms over my stomach. i never had to flirt or anything with roddy. it just happened.

"we'll leave you two" nia giggled walking out into the main room with the other boy.

"how old you is?" he asked leaning against the counter.

"20" he nodded. "you?"

"21 shorty i'm out this bitch next year" i giggled.

"i'm only on my first year.. i took a break from school for personal reasons"

"ight i gotchu. you wanna drink?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"i don't drink" he nodded.

"they got soda" he shrugged.

"just give me the bottle" he chuckled grabbing the bottle handing it to me with a cup.

"Cautious? i like that" i rolled my eyes as i poured some sprite into the cup.

"yea yea" he laughed. his smile so perfecttt 😩!

"quit staring" he teased.

"i ain't staring" i shrugged taking a sip of my drink.

"seems like you were" he nudged me.

"shut up"
i waved him off as he laughed.

"you gotta boyfriend?"

"not anymore.." i sighed. "i live with him but we ain't together"

"explain how that make sense?" i laughed lightly.

"i can't pay for my own place so he lets me stay with him" i explained. "it's because of past trauma"

"goddamn" he groaned at the loud music that was playing. "you wanna go somewhere where i can hear you?" he laughed.

"where?"

"upstairs. this my bro's house" he shrugged grabbing my hand leading me out the kitchen and through the crowd of people up the stairs.

once we got into a room, we sat on the bed after turning the fan on.

"so what were you saying?"

"it was because of self trauma. i can't pay for my own place so he helps me out" i sighed.

"if youn mind me askin, what happened?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"when i was younger, i was with this boy that was more then bad for me and my family saw it.. so they kicked me out after i got done school because they didn't like him. everything was good until he started to beat on me maybe 5 months after we moved into an apartment. about a year ago, he brought me to his friends and i managed to get out of the house and run. his friend tried to rape me that day. i fell on the ground on one of the streets of compton and woke up in somebody's bed"

"who's bed?"

"roddy ricch? you know him?" he nodded. "he brought me back to his house to make sure i was good and he helped me get cleaned since i had blood all over me. after maybe 3 or 4 months of staying with him, we started going out. but he broke up with me last week because i found out i was pregnant and i got an abortion because i was scared and way to scared to tell roddy about it either" i sighed.

"damn" he put his drink down. "your ex rape you?" i nodded. "i should beat a nigga ass. no nigga should put his hands on a woman" he shook his head.

"it's fine" i sighed. "he's in jail now"

"glad you safe, shorty" he smiled leaning back on his hands.

this dude making me blush oh my goshhhh..

"stop looking at me like that" i turned my face away from him.

"you blushinnn" he slid his finger under my chin as he teased.

"i'm about to leave you in here alone" i giggled.

"why? we could watch a movie or sum" he shrugged.

"i don't even know you" i said as he got up.

"you can get to know me shorty. i ain't gon hurt you all we doin is watching a movie" he held his hand out. "come on you know you want to"

———————————————————————————

this was so short i'm sorry 🥺🥺!

you think Vanessa should start hanging out with zay?

y'all wanna see what he looks like 🙃😏?