87.

~ Rodrick Moore ~~ Compton, California ~

~ Rodrick Moore ~
~ Compton, California ~

"you sure you gon be straight?" i sighed holding onto my moms hand as she laid in her hospital bed hooked to a lot of IV's and shit.

this shit break me every second.

"Rodrick. you need to go home and be with your family baby" she brought her hand up fixing my hair. "you leave for tour in 5 hours"

"i get that ma, but-"

"no buts" she shook her head. "Vanessa needs you with her as long as she can get you. you need to go home with your family"

"you are my family, mama"

"baby i know it's hard seeing me here.. but i'm good. i promise" she lifted my chin. "you have your own family to worry about. if you wanna make me happy, go be with them" she explained.

"ion wanna miss any second wit you, ma" i shook my head feeling my eyes start to tear up again. "ion wanna see you go"

"i won't baby. and even if i do, you can't sit around and mope all day everyday. you have a son and a daughter to take care of. and you have a beautiful ass wife who needs you" she sat up. "promise me you gon always put them before anything"

"i would but against you? especially when your dying?"

"Rodrick your son's learning how to walk AGAIN. you needa be there helping him. i can hold my own. kenny needs you and Vanessa"

"mama"

"go. and tell kenny i believe in him" i stood up. "i love you, Rodrick. but what id love even more, is for you to be with your family and being the father i know you can be"

"i'll be back as soon as this tour's over. i promise" i leaned down giving her a hug.

"no rush, baby" she rubbed my back. "i love you"

"i love you too, mama"

-

the drive home sucked ass. i tried to get in a good mood but it just wouldn't work.

my fucking mom is in the hospital fighting for her life, and my son is fighting to walk on his own.