37. 1 year later

- Vanessa Valor -- Compton, California -

- Vanessa Valor -
- Compton, California -

"mommy!" kenny giggled running to me as i walked in the house.

"hey baby" i laughed shutting and locking the door before picking him up. "where's daddy?"

he pointed to the kitchen making me smile as i started to smell the smell of some good ass chicken i ain't even gon lie.

"i coulda cooked" i said walking to roddy with kenny still in my arms.

"bae you just got back from school" he chuckled. "i ain't gon make you cook" i smiled leaning over kissing his cheek making him groan.

"why don't you like cheek kisses!" i laughed putting kenny on the island. "daddy's weird" he giggled.

"because it makes my cheek all wet and shit. especially wit ya damn lipgloss" he said as he turned the burner off.

"he's a hater" i lifted kenny's chin.

"yea daddy a hater!" kenny repeated making me laugh.

"i should beat both y'all asses" he turned around.

to explain what happened over the last year..

me and roddy met with the father of kenny since the mother didn't wanna have anything to do with him. the father doesn't have the best living space for kenny so he gave us his consent to 'adopt' kenny i guess you could say.

after many court dates and fighting with the government to let us keep him.. they finally let us have the custody we need to take care of him.

we now have all his personal documents and information so we can take him to the doctor and allat.

his name is really, Kendrick jaden soyer. but since he's our's now, his name is

Kendrick Jaden Moore.

mannn when i tell you i got so happy to hear we finally we're gonna be able to call kenny ours. even though i'm at school every week, roddy knows how to take care of kenny. he has no problem without me being home.

if roddy gotta go to a meeting or something, kenny goes with his mama. she loves him 🥺..

he started calling me mommy a few months ago. roddy? he started calling him that a few weeks ago.