Chapter 36

I was the first one up. Calum's arm was around me. I slowly moved his arm away. I looked up to see Luke's arms wrapped around Ally. I look around to find my phone and I can't find it anywhere...? I get up looking around quietly. I hear my phone vibrating. I try to follow the noise. I saw it next to Calum. Was he on it last night?... I grab my phone to see it was just my friend I met here. I ignored it. What I don't understand is why my phone was next to Calum when it was next to me?... I texted Stefan.

"Hey.... Can we meet up somewhere?"

"Yeah where?"

"At the same place you saw me with Claum"

"Okay"

I went to the kitchen to take out a granola bar, then quietly went out the door. I walked to the bench and saw Stefan sitting there waiting. He stood up. "Hey Nelly..." He said smiling. "Hey." We gave each other hugs and sat back down. "So....... How do you know him?" I asked. He sighed and said. "When we were younger we were best friends...... We used to always hang out. We were like around 3 years old when we first met back in Australia. And I know I'm not Australian. My parents moved there I don'know why. And Calum's parents weren't the best....... Always left him by himself, didn't give him a lot to eat. He wasn't the cleanest.... And my parents tried helping him too.... But they just gave up and called Children services. So they came..... And just took him. I never saw him again." I stared at him I'm confusion. "Are you sure you're talking about the the same Calum?...." He nodded his head. "Calum Hood... How can I not remember them eyes?..." He said, giggling. "But wait..... I'm still confused? He has a sister right?..." He nodded his head again. "Ally?..." I said. "You mean Mali right?" He asked. I shook my head no. "Ally Hood...." Stefan raised his eyebrow. "Ally?... Hood?.... I always thought he had one sister named Mali." He said. "Why didn't they take Mali?.." I questioned. "She lived with her Aunt." I was still confused. "Why didn't they take Calum too?!.." He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't think that they knew he even existed...." He told me. "What you mean?..."

"His dad always hated her and his mom got in an argument with her.... And she just took Mali for a better life... And they didn't even care...." I looked at him in shock. "How old was he when they took him?..." He looked at the sky, thinking. "Ummmmm.... Like 5?..." He looked at me. I looked at him in disbelief. "Does he remember you?..." I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know?... Probably not... We were so little..." It's true, but I was thinking how does Stefan remember all of this and Calum doesn't?... "Do you think he knows he's adopted?..."

"I really don't know Janelly..." He said. "But Calum looks just like the mom...?" I said. "Who?..." He asked. "His adopted mother..... Are you sure this is the right Calum?"

"Yes Janelly..... I know it's him." He told me. "How?..." I just couldn't believe this.... He rolled his eyes. "I know it's him... He hasn't really change...." My phone was ringing. I saw it was Calum. Maybe I can bring Stefan to hisl house?.."

"Hello...."

"Hey Janelly! Why did you leave so early?..."

"Oh.... Ummmmmm..... Just to talk to Stefan.... You know?.."

"Oh. Okay... Well I should-..." I cut him off.

"Would you like for us to come over?..." I looked over at Stefan, he shook his head no.

"No... That's okay..."

"Okay! We'll be over!"

"But!-..." With that I hanged up. I grabbed Stefan's hand and sped walked. Stefan stopped me. "Janelly! I don't wanna go!" He shouted. "Yes we are! I wanna see if he remembers you.... And on the phone when I said your name. His voice changed!... Let's go!" He rolled his eyes and we continued walking to his house. After that we were at his door. "See ya Janelly!...! Stefan said, waving and smiling. "No!.. You're staying!" He sighed and I knocked on his door. "This is going to feel awkward..." Stefan said, quietly. Ally answered the door. She stepped to the side for Stefan and I to walk in. I saw Luke sitting on the sofa with his phone. "Where's Calum?.." I asked. I saw Calum walking down the stairs. He looked at Stefan. "Brother! Stop staring and come down..." Ally said laughing. "That is definitely not Mali...." Stefan said, under his breath. I pushed him a bit to shut up. Calum came down. It felt a bit weird. "So..... Calum! This is Stefan....." I told him. Stefan put out his hand and said. "Nice to meet you...." Calum shook his hand. "Again..." Stefan said, mumbling. This time I elbowed Stefan in the stomach. "Ow..." He said. "Oh! I forgot to tell you his last name!... Salvatore!...Stefan Salvatore!" I said out loud. Calum just nodded his head... Calum has to know Stefan.. If Stefan known him, then he has to know Stefan. It was quiet for a minute. "Um... I'm going to get something to eat..." Ally said and Luke just glared at Stefan, then followed Ally to the kitchen. Why did Luke just glared at Stefan?..It was just me, Stefan, and Calum.

"So Calum.... Stefan just moved in here..." I told him. "That's cool..." He said and sat on the couch. I know something is wrong... It feels wrong and looks wrong.... And I'm going to find out everything.... One way or another.