Chapter 39

I'm on my way home now. After 10 minutes I was home. "Mom I'm home!" I shouted. My mom came in the room. She looked worried. "What's wrong?..." Tears were running down her face. "Mom!" She wiped away her tears. "Your father is in the hospital..." My mouth opened wide. "What happened?!..." I yelled. "He had a heart attack..." She said. "Is he okay?!" She shrugged her shoulders. "We're going to the hospital now..." I nodded my head. We went in the car and drove to the hospital. My mom ran to the desk. She opened the door. "Walk straight and turn left it'll be the first door on the left." We nodded our heads. We saw the doctor and nurses surrounding him. My jaw dropped. "Is he okay?" My mom asked. The doctor sighed and walked out of the room. She pulled us to the side. "I'm sorry...." Our mouth opened wide. "Please don't..." I said with tears running down my face. "We did  the best we could...." My mom was shaking. "When did you call it?.." She asked. "12:37 pm..." I looked at the clock. It's 12:45 now. My mom was crying I wrapped my arms around her. How did this happened?... I was thinking. "He was upstairs cleaning the attic and the next thing I heard a loud thump..." She told me. We walked into the room. His whole body was covered with a white sheet. I just stared at him. "I'm going to miss you dad...." My mom put her hand on my back. We stood there in silence for a few minutes. After that we left the hospital. The whole car ride was quiet. I ran to my room. I put my head on my pillow sobbing. My phone was ringing. I didn't even answer it. Then it rang again. I didn't answer it the second time. It rang again... I got mad and answered it. "What!!?" There was an awkward silence on the phone.

"Well.... What happen to you?.."

"Calum....  I don't want to talk right now!" I shouted sniffling.

"Were you crying?... What's wrong!?.. Did Stefan hurt you!"

"No!... You don't even know him!"

He sighed. "Yes I do...."

"You do?..."

"Yes... Come over and I'll explain.".

"Okay." I hanged up and wiped my tears away. I was at his house in 10 minutes. I knocked on the door. Ally answered it. "What's wrong Janelly?.." She noticed that I have been crying. Then Calum came to the door. He let me in and we sat on the couch. "Ummm... Ally could you go out somewhere?" Calum asked. "Where am I supposed to go?.." She was staring at him. "Nick's..." Calum told her. She rolled her eyes and left. "Why did you want her to leave?" Calum sighed. "She can't know." I stared at him in confusion. "What you mean?..." I asked. "That I'm adopted..." He does know! "Then why did you lie to Stefan about being born here and stuff?.." He stared at me. "Cause she was here... And she can't know that I'm adopted... It'll break her heart.. All these years we've been lying to her... It's better that she doesn't know for now..." He stared at the floor. "So you do know Stefan then?..." He nodded his head. "He was my best friend..." He smiled. "I'm originally from Austrialia... And that's where we.-...." I cut him off. "I know... He told me." He nodded his head. "Would you want to see your real family?..." I asked. "I don't know to be honest... They weren't the best parents... I would like to see Mali though... I wonder how she's doing?" I nodded my head. 'So why were you crying?" He asked me. I sighed. "My dad died today from a heart attack...." He mouth opened widely. I was starting to cry again. He put his arm around me. "I'm sorry..." He said in a soft voice. After a few minutes Ally came walking in mad. "What happened?!" Calum asked. "I hate boys!!?" She yelled stomping upstairs. Calum stood up. "I'll go.." I said. He smiled and nodded his head. "Mum and dad went grocery shopping..." I nodded my head and went to her room. I knocked on the door. "Go away!" I opened the door. She sat up on her bed. "What happened?"I asked. She sighed. "Boys!" I laughed a bit. "What about boys?" I sat down next to her. "I went to Nick's house.... And he wasn't home... So I walked away and I saw him. We gave each other hugs. And he was going to kiss me, but I stopped him cause I noticed he has a Hickey on his neck... And I know that I didn't gave him it... So I questioned about it.... And he tried to make some kind of excuse up. Then he told me the truth that some girl did it. So I just said bye and walked away." She sighed. "How about Luke?"  She shrugged her shoulders. "Nick said somethings about him.... And now I don't know if I should believe him?" I stared at her in confusion. "What did he say?..." I asked. "That he's seeing other girls.... And he always cheats on me... That he had sex with someone..." I shook my head. "He's lying trust me.... Luke would never do that you should even know that...." I told her. "You're probably right... God I'm so stupid!" She said. "It's okay.. Just give him a call." She smiled and nodded her head. We both stood up. "Thanks Janelly..." She said, giving me a hug. "You're welcome." I left the room. "Is she okay?" Calum asked. "Yeah... I should get going..." He nodded his head and gave me a hug.