Indians and Traffic

Speed of things in this universe in ascending order: < Aeroplane

 < Fighter jet 

 < Sound 

 < Light 

 < The time the guy behind me takes to honk when the signal turns green

If Tesla brought self-driving cars in India, the car will commit suicide in one day.

Kabhi kabhi toh lagta hai aagewaale ko gaadi chhodke bhallaldev ka rath chalana chahiye.

Some popular indian sports: Signal jump, water puddles hopscotch, car pehelwani, motorbikes gymastics, road cross sprint and many such adventure sports feature in everyday edition of Indian traffic.

I really need to stop saying 'how stupid can you be' or 'are you blind' in the indian traffic. People have started taking it as a personal challenge.

Patience should be measured with the number of seconds (or micro-seconds) it woud take for a person to honk after light turns green. 

We all are rushing so much but we all get late for our work.

While driving home, I got stuck in traffic. I saw my neighbour walking home so I offered him a lift. He politely refused and said he was in a hurry.

In heavy traffic, every pedestrian becomes traffic police.

(Funny newspaper article) Roads are here and there. Roads are slept on, walked on, spat on in India. Roads are used to store and winnow the rice crop, to dry acres of red chilis, to milk the family cow. Roads serve as temporary shops. Not only is every type of transportation found on every road, but every kind of living thing. Goats and ducks are shepherded in front of screeching busses. Elephants
stop dutifully at the red lights and waterbuffalo meander aimlessly and fearlessly.
While life in America is lived inside the car and not much else exists on the street, in India it's all on the outside. Bikes and lorries fight for their place. Pedestrians, using a NASA-developed form of Doppler-based sonar software that allows them, without looking back, to "see" vehicles approaching from behind and gracefully step aside exactly 10 nanoseconds before being run over.
There are no traffic rules of the ordinary kind one finds elsewhere. Signs forbidding littering? Forget it! Fines for jaywalking? Are you kidding? No street people? Au contraire, everyone is a street person. Speed limits? Who would enforce them? Here, each one makes up her or his own rules.