Chained

Zen's POV

"Nagi, your mom sure is sweet" I said untying my hair as we both sit near his desk "Ye.yeah."he said a bit gloom "hey, why so gloom?" I asked as I took his attention, but he didn't respond "Is something wrong Nagi?" I asked concerned as I went near his side, yet he just ignored me "Hey, you know you can lean on me sometimes" I said clinging on his arm as I leaned my head on his shoulder. As I feel that his debating in his head if he'd tell me "Hey don't force yourself Nagi.." I said smiling as I lift my head from his shoulder "It's not like that..." he said in a panic, which is really too cute to watch as he try to explain himself "AW....Nagi your too cute when frustrated, I wanna pinch you cheeks...!!!!"I can't contain the cuteness and out of nowhere I pinched his cheek. "Zen! twat awrts" he struggled trying to escape from my grasp "hahahaha....I'm sorry, your just too ccute Nagi.,"I said as I retract my hand, from his face "Your worst than Karma at times" He said massaging his cheek "hey! at least I didn't take photos when they ask you to dress up" I said not minding my words "More like forced!" he said Irritated, "Hahaha, don't worry I wont tell Karma and Rio about what you just said, you should be grateful" I said as he just sigh "Yeah, they could be handful." he said as he realized that those two would probably post a picture of him wearing a dress if they heard him complain "Nagisa, dear! dinner is ready!" Mrs. Shiota knocked at Nagi's door "Coming!" Nagi responded as the two of us headed down down the kitchen., "Hey, Nagi? I want to talk to you about something after we eat" I said too cheerfully as we sit at the table.

we started to eat and Mrs. Shiota and I started some small talks while Nagisa kept quite all the while "Nagi-kun, you okay?" I asked as I gaze at him, not paying attention at the both of us while we have our small talks. "Nagisa, my dear daughter is something the matter?" Mrs. Shiota said 'okaaaay!? I really did hear her called Nagi her daughter!' "Ah, Shiota-san,? Why do you call Nagi your daughter?" I asked her out of confusion as Nagi lower his head while he eat his food while I wait for Mrs. Shiota to answer my question as I saw her to be stun by it then a moment later her eyes sparkled as she answered my question "oh Zen, you noticed, Isn't she pretty?" she went near Nagi and untie his pigtails, As I noticed that Nagi is uncomfortable with his mother's display of affection. "Though she refused to wear those beautiful dresses I bought her." she said tightening her grip on Nagi's shoulders, and I can't bear to watch this, As I don't know what is happening with this two, but I'd take a guess that this is the reason why Nagi has some gender complex "hahaha, right! though I'd prefer at how cute he looked like this" I said as I gaze at Nagi, and I saw that his hands are shaking "No no dear, my daughter is a girl, why could you call her a he? It's quite rude" she scolded me as Nagi became really gloomy, "Ye..yeah, hahaha sorry about that, though my I excuse Nagi and myself now? hahaha... You know some of those girl talk?" I said a bit awkward at first as I didn't know how to deal with this, since Nagi don't want anyone know about this, "Oh, I get it then have fun you two" She said waving at us as I drag Nagi back to his room.

Once we entered the room I immediately locked the door "You have a lot to explain Nagi!" I shouted as I went near hims and cress his face "No.no.no you can't be a girl!" I said a bit over reacting. 'though, I'm really concerned that he just endure this all the time at home and in class' I thought as he pinch his cheek "please next time inform me a head of time, my pretty little heart can't take it!" I said whining "Hai, Hai..peash et go sen.." he struggled for me to let go "I'll only let go if you promise to explain Nagi" I said stubbornly as He just nod, "Good, now lets hear it..," I said as I let go at his cheek., "Well my mother just wanted me to be her successor, and you know parents" he generally explaining his situation "Yeah, I get you but why didn't you say so? You know that I could help you lessen the teasing from the other two devil." I said as I lay down my weight on his bed "it's not necessary, and I already got used to it" He said as he sat on his bed next to me "Dummy!" I said slapping his back in the process "That's what I fear, you'd say...," I said looking down at my own hands,I can feel that his staring for me to continue, as i gave a deep sigh and said " cause you know, getting used to it means, you already set aside your own thoughts, beliefs and opinion for the sake of others. And it's somewhat a pain to know that more people experienced that" I said as I grabbed his hands and hold it tight, "Promise me that if something like this to happen ever again and I can help lessen the teas from the rest of the class" I said as I let go of his hand and lay back down on his bed "I promised though let's not go that far Zen, You sometime tend to over do it at times " he said as he prepared a futon at the floor "You can sleep on my bed Zen I'll sleep on the floor " he said as the Futon is already place at the floor "Nhe Nagi.... I wanna sleep on the Futon, I never got the chance to sleep in one" I requested as he agreed, we switched beds and we both tuck ourselves and ready to sleep.. "By the way Zen, what is it that you said you want to talk to me " he said as I turn to my side so I can face him.. "Well it's just this question in my head, I want to hear your opinion" I said as he sat on his bed and so did I "what is it?" he asked curious about it "Well if you've somehow given a chance.., rather hope to save sensei you'd do it even the planet's sake is accountable?" I asked nervously looking at his window as the crescent moon shines so bright in the clear sky "I also though of something like that once, since sensei seems not a bad person at all but the reality kept pulling me back wards as my selfishness will cause the lives for the rest, I just don't know what to do.." He said as I kept silent "then what will you do if sensei have a slim chance of killing everyone?" I asked, well as far as my research is involved sensei has a low chance of blowing up the planet. "Then I would try to do anything to save lives, specially sensei's life" He said determined as I smile at the thought "Thanks for your honest opinion Nagi, though you might want to inform the class about your mom, or they might go bunkers if you decided to surprise them, like what you did to me" I said chuckling a little as I decided to lay back in bed as I heard him sigh probably thinking on how he'll tell the others about this as I closed my eyes "good night Nagi"

Nagisa's POV

I noticed Zen started to breath evenly as a sign that she's already asleep. as I kept looking at the shining crescent moon thinking about her question a while back 'Can I do something to save sensei? Or I'm being selfish?' I asked myself as I kept spacing out then a moment later I heard a soft knock on my door "Nagisa dear, are you still awake?" i heard mom speak from the other side as I stood up and head to the door to open it for mom "Dear I would like to discus to you about something" she said as she look past me and noticed Zen who's peacefully sleeping at the moment "yes mom." I said as I also looked at Zen's direction as I'm worried on how exactly will I'll tell them my situation.? "We should probably talk in the dinning as your sweet girl friend there is already having her beauty sleep" Mom said pointing at Zen with an amused gaze, I just agreed and head down with her to the dinning table as we both seat at the opposite side of the table,"What are we talking about mom?" I asked curious as of why she suddenly looked serious opposite to her expression a while ago. She placed my report card on the table which made me flinched as mom gave out a displeased look "Your midterms, You came 54th in your grade" she started seriously, that made me nervous "You missed the 50th place cut off for making it to the main campus. But mom heard that Tanaka's older brother made it back from 60th place three years ago. After begging and pleading with a donation in hand, the school made an exception " she said as she put a thick envelope in front of me, I'm having trouble processing what mom is saying as I fear to hear the worst from this talk "So, that's what I'll do, You'll have to get out of E-class ASAP, I'll be speaking with Mr. Ono of the D-class soon, and you'll be coming with me"She said that made me shocked ' I know that this day may come sooner, specially with mom's high expectations in me, but I don't want to leave E-class' I thought as I clenched my fists and stood up and voiced out my thoughts Unconsciously "Mom!,no! Wait ! I want to stay at E-class! It's fun and my grades are improving! I'll go anywhere you tell me to for college and work.Just let me stay where I am for Junior..." I stopped myself as I realized what I did wrong, as I saw her face is completely dark. 'I defied her during her dark phase! this isn't good.' I thought as I readied myself at what comes next 'here it comes' I thought as i closed my eyes as she stood up grabbing my hair from both hands and she banged my head on the table, and continuing the act 'that hurts'I yelp "WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!" mom yelled "How could I have raised such an ambitionless child? The wound of failure will torture you your whole life! I should know, why can't you understand your mother who only wants to spare you the same pain?! Here I am getting another donation f or your bad grades!" She rant as pushed more pressure in her hands "See what your mom does for you? who do you think you are?" she said letting go at my hair as he banged my head at the table one last time 'there's no talking to her when she's like this. It was my mistake for not speaking to her when she was still sunny.' "Sorry, I had no idea." I said just to calm her down, As the vase on the table got knocked off as the water spilled everywhere. 'Dad hates fighting. He got fed up and walked out.' I thought about the reason why dad left us. "Now Listen, You're just a child so how would you now how to make it through life? But your mom knows all about it!" she said holding me from behind "I have a plan so you won't end up like me and your dad. Like getting into Keisetsu University" she said, suggesting the university where she couldn't test to. "and big companies that school ties and your success hinges on getting into that school. A Keisetsu grad can work at the to ranked Hishimaru..." mom said as I tuned it down as I thought that I'm just mother's ideal doll, I thought as she brought up that she always wanted me to be a girl, as I turned gloom as I heard that as she do always say it often.

"My parents were all about the studying, girly stuff just came second"looking through clothes in the wardrobe, I just sigh as this is our routine whenever she's mad or worn out from work, "That's why I didn't make it into Hishimaru which focuses more on looks. That's why 'I' would teach 'My' daughter fashion all I waned." She picked a pink dress as She places it on me "See how nice it looks on your long hair" She said admired me in front of the mirror 'I don't want to hear it, Mom I'm not a girl' I said using my inner voice as mom kept telling me this stuff, yet her tenacity is too chilling like I'd never be able to defy her. I felt chained and my captor is my own mother 'But Koro-sensei's saw right through me. I'm not the hero of my own life.' As I felt trapped and like an RPG round two in mom's stead.