Anniversary

September 10th, 1977

I was with Roger and the guys touring the US for their News of the World tour. It's been so much fun but it's Roger and I's five year anniversary and I've barely had a minute alone with him, I understood he was busy and that was normal I just wish I had five minutes alone with him without us having to run off somewhere or sleep.

I woke up in bed alone which wasn't a surprise. I looked over at the night stand and seen a bouquet of red roses and a note. I smiled and moved to the side of the bed to read the note

Happy anniversary my love!

Sorry I'm not there. We had to get up very early this morning and I decided to just let you sleep, I did kiss you before I left. Enjoy the roses and I'll see you tonight!

P.S. there's a dress on the chair for you to wear tonight

Love,

Roger

I smiled at the note and got up to get ready for my day.

Le time skip

I stood backstage watching as people walked past me as I waited for Roger. "Happy anniversary, my love" Roger said suddenly from behind me. He took my hand and twirled me around, when I spun back around he caught me in his arms. "Happy anniversary, baby" I replied, running my hands through his blonde hair and kissing him passionately.

We pulled away and he smiled at me "Ready to go?" He asked, taking my hand. I gave him a confused look "what about all the-" I started but he cut me off. "Nope, I said I had something urgent and they let me go," he said, grinning. "But I thought-"

"Priorities, darling" he said, winking at me. "Now lets go" he said leading me towards the exit. "So where are we going?" I asked as we left the building, "it's a surprise, love" he said, grinning.

........

We ended up going to this really nice restaurant. We were sitting waiting for our bill when Roger stood up. "What're you doing?" I asked, looking up at him "stand up (Y/N)" I gave him a confused look and stood up. He took both my hands in his and kissed them both. "I love so so much, words cannot describe the love I have for you" he said as he got down on one knee. Reached into his pant pocket and pulled out tiny box, "will you marry me?" He asked, opening the box and looking up at me.

"Yes yes, of course yes!!!" I choked out, trying not to cry. He stood up and picked me up, twirling me a little before setting me back down and kissing me deeply. We pulled away a few minutes later and he slid the ring onto my finger. Cheers and Aww's erupted from around us as he leaned in to kiss me again.

After we pulled apart we took care of the bill and left.

........

When we got to our hotel Roger came up behind me and picked me up bridal style, carrying me inside and up to our room, kissing me occasionally as he walked. We got to the room and he struggled to open the door, "Honey, I can walk myself into our room" I said and he shook his head. "No way, I insist I carry you" he replied, still struggling. "God you're stubborn" I mutter and he smiled "that's right" he said finally getting the door open. He walked over to the bed and set me down on it.

I kicked off my shoes and laid down on the bed. Minutes later Roger joined me, "I missed you so much" I said, and he smiled "I know, I missed you too. But from now and for the rest of the night you have my undivided attention" he replied placing a soft kiss on my nose. Suddenly we heard a bunch of noises out in the hall "they're back" I said.

"Don't worry, I made them promise me they'd give us some privacy tonight" Roger replied,  kissing my forehead.