Sleeping on the couch

November 11th, 1986

"Here's a fucking pillow" I said, throwing it at my husband Roger. "Wow how generous of you" said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes "you're lucky I gave you a pillow" I grumbled, walking upstairs to our room. I slammed the door and threw myself on the bed, starting to cry. Roger and I had been fighting for so long I forgot what it was about, he came home from the studio in a bad mood and it spiraled from there.

I sat up and wiped my eyes before getting up and getting in to bed. I rolled onto my side and looked the empty spot next to me.

........

I got out of bed and snuck downstairs to find my husband. He was asleep on the couch without a blanket, he looked so cold and I felt bad. I grabbed a blanket and laid down on top of him. I laid my head on his chest and his lips curled into a small smile as he wrapped his arms around me. "I couldn't sleep without you" I whispered. "Neither can I. I'm sorry about what happened, I was in a bad mood and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. He rubbed my back slowly and I smiled a little. "I forgive you, I'm still mad at you, but I forgive you" I replied. "Can I kiss you?" He asked and I glared at him. "Please?"

I gave him a small kiss and he smiled "do I still have to sleep on the couch?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes at him "I dunno, I'm still mad at you" I replied.

"What can I do for you to forgive me?" He asked and I pretended to think "you can give me another kiss" I said and he smirked. He pressed his lips to mine and kissed me softly. "Now can I sleep upstairs in our comfy bed?" He asked, pretending to pout.

"You're lucky I love you" I said, getting off of him and pulling him to his feet.