1

Fuck Love.

Love, was a word that Blake would run from.

He just didn't do it. He didn't do the whole romantic, hearts, chocolates and flowers kind of thing. The one and only time he did, it ended in flames. Literally.

It was in college where he found himself with a girlfriend, one that he truly liked. He really tried to be the best boyfriend for her and for their second Valentine's together, he'd made a whole romantic display. Candles, rose petals and champagne, the whole works.

The only thing that Blake didn't count on, was that the candles would get caught in the curtains and set them afire. His girlfriends' whole room was set ablaze and by the time the firefighters had tackled the fire, there was barely anything left of the room.

His girlfriend dumped him on the spot.

It hurt a lot more when Blake saw her later, with one of the fireman that had got rid of the fire.

After that moment, he never bothered with the thing called love.

Still, life was all good, until all his friends decided to fucking couple up with each other, leaving him the lonely one in the group.

Currently, he was having to suffer through watching one of his best friends' and their girl, acting all couple-like, right in front of him. The disrespect, really.

"Ugh, you guys are such a couple and cute. It makes me gag," Blake said, looking towards Sebastian and Mia in annoyance.

Mia was sat across the sofa, sitting up and reading a book. Her legs rested on top of Sebastian's lap, as he watched tv and massaged her feet simultaneously.

She then moved her book down, pushing up her glasses up the bridge of her nose a little, as she looked a Blake a little amused.

However, Sebastian didn't mirror her expression at all, he looked so far from amused.

He turned his head to look at Blake, and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Then why don't you get out of my place?" Sebastian retorted.

With work in the way, Sebastian already didn't get much time with Mia and now on the weekend, all he wanted to do was sit with his girl and relax.

What he didn't count on, was Blake stopping by and not leaving.

"Because I'm bored," Blake whined, throwing his head back on the seat he was sitting in, his hands running over his face. "And you guys are being such a couple," he mumbled through his hands.

Mia frowned at Blake, and placed her book down onto her lap.

"I thought you have a girlfriend?" She asked, remembering that he'd mentioned something about a girl.

Blake removed his hands over his face, ready to reply to Mia when Sebastian beat him to it.

Sebastian snorted. "No, he had a girl."

"Shut up, Seb." Blake snapped, glaring at his friend, before looking at Mia with a softer expression. "I went on a date with her, but then that was it."

"How come?" Mia asked and looked at him with curiosity, and not pity like he thought she might.

That was something Blake actually liked about Mia, especially after getting to know her more. She was real and sweet and genuine.

"The girl was...boring," he then sighed. "I'm not trying to be mean, but it was so hard to hold a conversation with her. There was no banter or flirting, it was just dead," he said.