24

After that lunch with Roman, Blake set himself two tasks. The first, find himself a new home. The second, figure out how he felt about Nicole, for certain this time.

Over the next couple of months, he tried to keep himself focused on both of his priorities.

In regards to the first one, he was doing quite well. The house that he'd been looking at for a while, was still on the market, and so dipping into his savings, Blake bought the place.

Despite having a trust fund, Blake didn't really use it much. It had been set up by his grandfather, with his parents adding to most of it, but it didn't really seem like something he should use. At least not for nonsensical purchases. That fund, he was going to give to the children, he'd hopefully have one day.

The house that he had now acquired, was conveniently not too far from the city, and not too far from Sebastian and Mia's home - much to Sebastian's annoyance - not that Blake cared about that.

There was quite a bit of work that needed to be done on the house, before it could be habitable, but Roman's uncle was helping Blake out with that. It wouldn't be long before he could shift into his new house. His home.

In terms of his other priority, and equally important one, Blake was still trying to figure out how to go about that.

So far, he'd come to the conclusion that he liked Nicole. Really, really liked her.

As far as he was concerned now, there was no other girl for him. It was just Nicole. Only her. Blake was just incredibly confused on how he could make her see that too.

He couldn't really follow Sebastian's methods. When he wanted to make Mia see him as something more, he whisked her away to Amsterdam. Nicole would probably sucker punch him if he were to suggest going away together.

However, luckily for him, they shared a mutual group of friends, one that he could always rely on to bring the two of them together, just like tonight.

Blake stood at the front door to Sebastian and Mia's home, ringing the bell for the third time.

He tried to be punctual tonight, but clearly the hosts weren't - which was weird to him since he knew about Mia's obsession with being on time for literally everything.

Finally, the door opened, revealing a very dressed-up Sebastian.

"So, this really is a serious thing? Blake asked, looking over Sebastian, who was dressed so formally, in his black suit and a white shirt.

"Don't," Sebastian said, in a warning tone.

Blake wanted to laugh at the stern expression on his face, he looked a kid, whose parents made him dress up for something special.

"Mia really likes this kind of stuff, doesn't she?" Blake then remarked, as he stepped inside.

He'd also dressed up for tonight, wearing a navy suit and a light-blue shirt, without a tie. He even wore a pocket square.

"She likes it when everyone gets together," Sebastian told him.

He knew that it made Mia really happy, when around everyone like this. She didn't really have a group of friends like this back in high-school, which was his fault, and now that she had this group - one that was like a family to her - she tried to keep them close.

It was why whenever Mia planned a group thing like this dinner tonight, Sebastian didn't object, he knew it was important to her. If he had to get all dressed up for it, then so be it.

Blake grinned once they reached the living room. "Does that mean I get the good whiskey?"

Sebastian narrowed his eyes. "I hate you."