18

A little over a year later...

It was a few days before Sebastian and Mia's wedding.

The couple had decided they wanted to hold a dinner with their close ones. It wasn't exactly a rehearsal dinner, however the sentiments were similar.

Both Sebastian and Mia, mostly Mia, organised this to have their loved ones together, just to thank everyone for their love and support during the wedding preparations.

They knew that things had been so hectic, and for the next few days leading up to the ceremony, it was only going to be a lot more frantic, so a calm dinner was much needed.

***

"Thank you, darling. I'll take that now," Blake grinned, as he swiped the tray of vodka shots from one of the wait-staff and took it in his own hands.

"You're going to drink that all?" Diana asked him, quirking up a brow.

He grinned at her. "I thought drinking was recommended," he replied and then winked at her, before taking a shot.

Roman who was stood with Diana, shook his head at Blake.

"Drinking water is," he corrected.

Blake picked up one of the shot glasses and inspected it. "This is still clear liquid," he said, and then downed another shot.

Before he could go for a third, Sebastian walked to the three of them, who were huddled together, and then reached out to take the tray of shots from Blake's hand.

He then signalled over one of the wait staff.

"Hi, can you take this?" He asked and then passed them the tray. "Thank you."

Blake pouted. "But-"

"You're not screwing this up," Sebastian cut him off with a warning. "This is too important to Mia," he added.

"Shouldn't it be important to you as well?" Blake asked, finding Sebastian's flustered state amusing.

He nodded. "It is, but Mia worked hard on this and I want her to be happy," he replied, fixing his, already straightened, tie.

The whole dinner was mainly Mia's idea, since she thought there was so much pressure on just the wedding day, and so having something like this would calm her nerves, in case something were to go wrong on the actual day.

Blake could sense the anxiety rolling off of Sebastian, as he brushed off his suit jacket.

"Ugh, I needed another drink," Blake then complained.

He saw a waitress coming around with a glass of champagne, and smiled as she came near him.

"I will take this," he said, taking one of the glasses for himself, and then looked at her with a smile, "-And your number will also be appreciated."

The waitress's face seemed to have reddened immediately at his request, she looked flustered and wide-eyed.

"Leave the staff alone, Blake," Sebastian then told him, causing the waitress to break out of her trance, and she quickly walked away, still with red cheeks.

Blake carried on to look in the direction she scurried off in, until Diana spoke up.

"Must you always flirt?" She asked him, with an unimpressed look on her face.

"Yes. Yes, I must," Blake replied in a serious voice, before giving her a cheeky grin.

The way he saw it, he was a single guy with good looks and no attachments, he could do whatever he wanted...to a certain degree, as long as it didn't hurt anyone.