2

Blind dates.

Blake detested them.

They never really worked out, because you couldn't really help but have expectations on how your date was going to be and most of the time, it was a bit of a let down.

Despite seeming incredibly superficial, Blake didn't just go for looks, he genuinely wanted someone with an actual personality. Someone with a sense of humour themselves and who got his as well. Someone who could take what he would dish out and could respond the same, one that would make him speechless.

So far, he'd been on two blind dates in the past - courtesy of his parents - and they were all let downs.

However, this time he had faith in Mia and hoped she could find him someone.

Although, internally he was terrified. If she did find him someone great, was that it? Was he going to be locked down? It was a scary thought.

Nevertheless, he got himself ready for this date. He wore a black suit and white shirt. It was a simple outfit, but still made a few head turn his way.

After Blake had put on his lucky watch, he left for the date. Hoping that it wasn't going to be a failure.

***

Nicole was sat at the bar of the restaurant that Mia had made reservations at, for her and her date.

She didn't do blind dates and the only reason that she agreed to go one this one, was for Mia's sake. Also, because she was bribed with new boots.

Nicole hadn't been on a date in a while, she liked it that way. Her needs were met to occasionally, she didn't exactly require a man, but she was curious. Mia had described the guy and it intrigued her.

The blue eyes, dimples and good-dress sense.

Since she worked in fashion, a good dress-sense was something that caught her attention. Not that she needed her man to dress in branded items, or coordinated and all of that. She just needed someone, who took pride in what they wore and with confidence.

A guy with real confidence was sexy enough.

'Hopefully, this guy won't be a complete disappointment', Nicole thought. She wasn't exactly in the mood to be a bitch.

She was going to give this a try, a real try. Nicole knew that if she came back with bad news, the first thing Mia would most likely say, was that she didn't even try.

For tonight, Nicole chose to wear a casual outfit. Tight, high-waisted black jeans, and a burgundy, long-sleeve lace top. It was casual enough, but still looked sexy.

Nicole didn't want to look like she was trying too hard. There was also the fact that, she didn't think she had to, but then also wanted to look like she put in effort.

Sipping on her dry martini with a lemon twist, her favourite cocktail, Nicole waited for this blind date of hers.

'Please be hot,' Nicole prayed internally.

***

Blake walked into the restaurant and immediately looked around the place, wondering which of the women there could be his date.

So far, he couldn't tell, although his eyes did land on a woman sitting at the bar. Her back was towards him, but he couldn't help but stare. She had a great back.

His vision was then blocked, when the maître d' stood in front of him, with a polite smile on his face.

"Good Evening, sir," the maître d' greeted.