37

After that meeting with Blake, well it wasn't really much of a meeting, but still, after that, Nicole knew that she needed to do more.

Blake was really determined not to have any sort of interaction with her but it was important that he did, because how else was Nicole supposed to tell him that she loved him?

If only the moron would listen to her. Nicole really didn't want to tell him in the midst of a heated argument... much like he did.

She had gone way too many years in her life, failing at one of those romances that everyone envied. She wanted a love life and she wanted it with him.

This wasn't going to be small thing. No, Nicole was determined to go big, and hopefully not just go home after it.

To make it happen, Nicole required some help, which is why she found herself outside a very familiar building... the headquarters for Carter. 

Why were all these tall, corporate buildings all so hellbent on trying to intimidate whoever wants to enter them? It was actually ridiculous to her.

But then again, she probably thought this because never really wanted to work in a tall building like this. It just all seemed to corporate and black and white, whereas Nicole was just too used to colour.

The office she was based in was more of a big mansion, which had been redesigned to covert it into an office space. It was this whole concept that her boss had thought of when their previous lease expired, he thought it would be different and it was. Nicole couldn't think about working anywhere else.

Although, she did understood that there was a drive to work somewhere like this, mainly because Mia kept going on about it back when she was job searching.

This very tall, glass building was one she'd been to a few times, mainly when she needed to see Mia for lunch or something. However, today she wasn't here to see her best friend, but rather her best friend's husband.

Entering the lobby, Nicole headed towards the reception.

She completely forgotten that she couldn't just walk into the building and try to get up to the office floor, unless she wanted to be tackled by security.

"Hi," Nicole greeted the receptionist, who looked at her with a smile.

"Hello. How can I help you?"

"I need to see Sebastian Carter," Nicole then said.

The receptionist looked at her a little weirdly. "Do you have an appointment?" She asked.

Oh, right, Nicole then realised. Sebastian wasn't just Mia's husband, but also the CEO of this company, probably one of the most important people in this building - in terms of the business world, of course.

"Um no, but if you could please call him up and tell him Nicole Keahi is here to see him, I'm sure he'll be okay with it," she then replied, trying to give her a charming smile.

Nicole had sort been busy planning something else and this whole visit wasn't entirely planned. She also figured that booking an appointment, would mean Sebastian would know beforehand and he would then ask Mia, who had no clue about all of this right now, and that would bring up more questions.

She was already kind of freaked out and nervous about this entire thing, since she'd never really been so deep into feelings before, Nicole didn't want to answer a bunch of questions about it.

"Just one second, please," the receptionist then said, before she picked up the phone.

"Of course," Nicole nodded.