15

Blake was very familiar with moving around. He'd moved for university, his own place, then back to his parent's house, but the last thing he expected, was to be helping his mate's move home.

Standing in front of a mover's truck, surrounded by furniture and moving boxes, this was not how Blake wanted to spend his weekend.

Just as he opened his mouth to whine to Mia, who was standing with him, a big burly man came up to the two of them, carrying a large bookcase on his own.

"Over here, Mia?" He asked her, suddenly putting on a smile on his face, when initially he was scowling.

Mia turned around to face the man and smiled too. "Yes. Thank you, Forrest," she replied.

"No worries," the man, Forrest, said, nodding at her.

He placed the bookcase right by Mia and then turned around to walk away.

Blake seemed to find two things quite interesting. One that this man, this very large and scary man, would seem like a friendly giant when it came to Mia and secondly, his name.

"His name is Forrest?" Blake asked Mia, a grin on his face.

Mia, who was just looking at the bookcase, turned to face him. "Yes. Why?"

Blake turned back to big man, who was walking away from the two of them, his back to the truck.

"Run, Forrest. Run!" He shouted.

In an instant, Forrest turned around with an angered look on his face, one that resembled the expression if you were to poke a very large bear.

It was clear to Blake that Forrest did not find his words amusing, especially when he was advancing towards him.

Mia stepped in front of Blake and smiled apologetically.

It was not lost on Blake, that compared to him, Mia was small, very small, and yet she was protecting him, something he found endearing.

Blake also was very aware of Forrest and stepped back slightly, in case he had to make a run for it.

"Sorry, Forrest." Mia apologised.

Immediately, and to Blake's shock, Forrest halted in his steps and took a deep calming breath, before smiling at Mia and turning away - well not before giving Blake a glare.

It was quite a sight to see the big, bear-like man, soften immediately when it came to Mia.

When Forrest was in the truck and out of view, Mia turned around to give Blake a pointed-look and annoyed expression.

"What?" Blake shrugged nonchalantly, as if he'd done nothing wrong, and when Mia didn't budge from her look, he sighed. "I had to. It would be unholy if I didn't."

Mia rolled her eyes and pointed to the front door. "Go," she told Blake sternly.

He opened his mouth to huff, but stomped away like a child that had been told off.

Shaking her head, Mia smiled at his childish behaviour and bent down to look through some of the boxes at her feet.

At that same moment, Blake turned around to tell Mia it wasn't his fault, but was angered immediately at the sight of one of the mover-men, looking at Mia's behind and smiling.

Blake couldn't believe the fucker had the audacity to stare and smile.

Just as he was about to say something, mainly a list of profanities that would have mothers from a street away gasping, Mia turned around to face the sleazy-looking guy.