41

"Must we go?" Nicole asked, pouting at Blake.

The two of them were sat in backseat of the car, whilst one of the family chauffeurs drove them to a special event organised by Blake's family.

"It's important to my parents," Blake then told her, holding her hand and gently rubbing his thumb over her knuckles.

"But they hate me," Nicole said.

The two of them had been a couple for some months now. Everyone knew about them, most were happy, however Nicole knew that along with some bitchy girls on the internet, Blake's parents weren't that enthusiastic about her.

His Mum seemed okay, she was pleasant and smiled the last time they had dinner. But Blake's father gave the two of them this never-ending silent treatment, with only a few grunts of acknowledgement.

"They do not..." Blake began to stay, but one look from Nicole and he sighed. "Okay, maybe they do, but still. I have to make an appearance and I want you to officially make yours, as my girl," he told her.

Events, like the one that they had to go to, were very official. If you made an appearance there, well it basically opened you up to an elite circle, where you would be talked about.

Of course this wasn't exactly something Nicole wanted to participate in, but since it mattered to Blake, she tried to make it matter to her...and he also promised her pizza after.

"Alright, fine," Nicole relented, with a deep breath.

Blake grinned. "That's my Ice Queen," he said, lifting her hand to his lips and placing a kiss against her knuckles.

He then looked out the window, still on the way to the event, however Nicole's mind was still stuck on something else.

"Will your parents always hate me?" Nicole then asked, something which caused him to turn towards her with a frown on his face, especially when the tone of her voice seemed so sad. "I know I act like it doesn't bother me, but you said to always be honest with you and I don't want them to hate me. Or for them to be mad at you because of me. I don't want to be the cause of-"

Cupped her face gently, Blake tried to cut off her rant. "Hey, relax," he told her, but it didn't actually do much to actually relax her.

"My parents are very...set in their own ways, kind of people," Blake told her. "This is on them, not you. Soon enough, they'll realise you're amazing and they'll want to know you," he reassured her.

He was so sure of the fact that when his parents finally realised how great Nicole was, they would love her too. They needed time. At least that's what Maggie told him.

Nicole smiled and leaned against his hand. Blake wanted to stroke her cheek, but knew he couldn't with the makeup she wore, so instead, he tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled.

His parents may not like her, but Blake loved her. That was enough.

***

An hour into this party and Nicole was so bored, she wanted to leave.

She had no idea how Mia would do this for Sebastian, she also hated that the bitch skipped this event, because she had cramps and her husband didn't want to leave her alone.

Having Mia here would've helped a lot, but now she was having to do this alone, and it sucked.

What sucked even more was that her boyfriend, the one who was reassuring her and had even told her he'd remain beside her, left her alone. Prick.

He had said he was going to get her champagne, but still, he was taking a long time and that left her open to be approached by other men.

"Well, hello," a man spoke to her, as she stood waiting for Blake to come back. "Look at you. You're a stunner," he said.