Chapter 1: Two Good Friends

Leaving as a lycan and be friends with a vampire is the hardest thing to do in the world where Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen are living. The feud between the vampires and lycans is hindering them from going outside where everybody can see both of them hanging around. As Lan Xichen the next in line clan leader and Jiang Cheng as the first son of the clan leader, their relationship is forbidden.

But the feud between the two clans didn't hinder them from meeting each other. They believed that one day, they will be the ones making the two clans be back to what it was before. They meet and spend their free time in the middle of the forest where the tree that divides the forest is located.

thirteen years had passed since the day Lan Xichen found this puppy that turns out to be a Lycan in the middle of the forest. Now he'd grown big and a stubborn one at his age.

"Have you had your lunch?" Lan Xichen asked Jiang Cheng who just came to their secret base. The tree between the Lycan and vampires territory. Its been 15 years since the first time they saw each other.

"Not yet, I escape from them. Father keeps nagging me to practice being a leader since Ill be replacing his position soon." Jiang Cheng scoffed, as he rests his head on the tree.

"Must be hard." Lan Xichen chuckled and took out a bread from the basket he was carrying. He already figured out that Jiang Cheng hasn't eaten yet since he always escapes from their house when he feels like going on their secret base.

"Hm, a little." Jiang Cheng answered and closed his eyes.

"Must be fun having a father nagging at you." Lan Xichen chuckled faintly.

Jiang Cheng felt the sadness his voice and looked at him.

"Ah, I forgot. Sorry." Jiang Cheng looked down, he felt guilty after mentioning the father thing.

Lan Xichen told him when they were still kids that his father and mother are long gone since he was three years old and his brother is still an infant.

"Haha, that's fine. You didn't do anything wrong." Lan Xichen chuckled and smiled at Jiang Cheng.

"Let's eat?" He grinned at him and gave Jiang Cheng a bread.

Jiang Cheng accepted the bread and rest his head on Xinchen's lap as he munches on the bread.

"You should eat properly, you'll get an upset stomach if you lie while eating." Xinchen chucked at him as he watches him eat his share.

"Ychou nyag sho mush (You nag so much)" He muffled.

"And don't talk when your mouth is full!" Xichen scolded.

Jiang Cheng just glared at him and continued eating. Xichen shook his head and grinned, "You're so stubborn as ever." He chuckled.

"I know," he rolled his eyes as he keeps on eating. Then suddenly something caught Lan Xichen's attention. A crumb is beside Jiang Cheng's lips and it's distracting him.

He unconsciously picked the crumbs from beside Jiang Cheng's lips and put it in his mouth.

Jiang Cheng was surprised at what he did, "D-did you just ate that?!" He exclaimed.

Lan Xichen snapped to reality, his cheeks flushed red after realizing what he did. "I'm sorry," he apologizes and looked away. Now he can't look at Jiang Cheng in the eye.

"You're face is tomato red again!" Jiang Cheng laughed and held on Lan Xichen's chin to show him his face.

Xichen's been feeling something unexplainable whenever Jiang Cheng is around. His heart is beating fast, his head is unclear as to if his sane is slowly taken away, it was a feeling that is unknown to him because of the nature of the vampire clan. Self-restraint is a must.

"hahaha, you're really cute when you're lobster red!" Jiang Cheng laughed at him, while Lan Xichen is struggling on hiding his face.

"Q-quit it! and just finish your food." He stammered and held on Jiang Cheng's hand that's holding his chin.

"Why are you blushing anyway? Is it the heat?" he asked curiously and sat up.

"M-Maybe" he answered and looked away. Jiang Cheng is staring at him, examining his flushed face. But then he shrugged it off.

"If you're sick just tell me, okay. Don't just hide it for yourself." Jiang Cheng sighed and rest his head again on Lan Xichen's lap.

"Yeah," He answered as he looks far from his thoughts.

"Xichen~ pet me." Jiang Cheng pouted while closing his eyes. "I want a nap," he whined.

Xichen turns his attention to him and smiled, "Spoiled brat," He uttered.

Jiang Cheng opened his eyes and glared at him, "I am not! It's just that, I can rest well when you're petting my head," He said shyly.

"Yeah, yeah. Now rest." He chuckled and put his hand on Jiang Cheng's hair, gently brushing it. Xichen stared at him for a moment then looked away with a smile plastered on his face. Jiang Cheng then snuggled on his lap.

The rays of the sun passing through the spaces of the overlapping leaves are hitting their skins, the fresh breeze from the trees are brushing to their faces, the singing of birds that are therapeutically pleasing, and the warmth of the presence of each other are radiating. To both of them, this is their comfortable dwelling place. Where they can be true to themselves, be free, be happy, and be relaxed.

"By the way, A'cheng," Lan Xichen suddenly uttered and looked at him.

"Mn?" He answered.

"I will not be able to go here for a while," He started.

Jiang Cheng opened his eyes and looked at him.

"Why?" He asked.

"There will be a visitor at Cloud Recesses," he paused, "And as a clan leader in training, I was tasked to do my duty," He sighed. His tone suddenly saddened.

Jiang Cheng smiled at him and pinched his cheeks, he chuckled, "Why the long face? You don't need to worry about me! I'll still come here when I have free time even if you don't."

"But..." Lan Xichen stopped, 'But I'll miss you,' he continued in his mind.

"but what?" Jiang Cheng was left hanging, he tilted his head as he waits for the continuation of what he was going to say.

"Nothing," he shook his head and smiled.

Jiang Cheng just shook away his curiousness, "Good! Now cheer up and do your best, okay?" He giggled.

"Yeah," Lan Xichen answered and smiled as he stares at Jiang Cheng's cheery face. 'His face that only I can see,' he thought.

-----------

Waaah! after a long time of hiatus of this story, I'm finally slowly updating this. I hope you liked this chapter! Love lots!

PS. If you have queries, please feel free to ask me. My message box is open, or you can message me on my page on Facebook, or just comment your questions, I'll try answering them.

Have a nice day and take care, everyone! Stay safe.

Page: WangXian Fanfictions