Chapter 20: Third Wheel

Everyone is already set in the hall.

It's already dark and the moon is shining brightly, It's the best time to talk about the matter.

The hall is full of discussion. The leaders are sharing each other's plans, while the rest listened carefully.

While the hall is full of different utterance,

Lan Xichen's eyes are glued on Jiang Cheng the whole time. While Jin Guangayao, who is seated beside his brother is observing Lan Xichen. He tried looking in the direction Lan Xichen is looking at but quiet not figure who it was. He shrugged as he watches Lan Xichen smile at what he is looking at. He's curious about who it was but doesn't care less as long as he is looking at Lan Xichen's unremarkable smiles.

"Uncle, if I'm not needed. Please excuse me, I'm going to check something." Lan Xichen whispered in Lan Qiren's ear.

"You may" Lan Qiren answered and he bowed at him and stood up.

Jin Guangyao's brows met, 'why did he go out?' he asked in his mind.

"Brother, I'll be getting some fresh air," he whispered to Jin Zixuan's ear. He nodded at him, permitting him to go out. Jin Guangyao stood from m his seat and followed Lan Xichen out.

"Father, I'll be going out for fresh air." Jiang Cheng also whispered in Jiang Fengmian's ear when he saw Lan Xichen is not his seat. Gladly, Jiang Fengmian nodded as he continued discussing with the leaders. Jiang Cheng went out of the hall.

No one noticed the coincidental excuse of the three because everyone is focused on the matter.

.

As Jiang Cheng finally stepped out, he walked around to look for Lan Xichen.

"Master lan~"

Jiang Cheng heard a voice, his brows met as the tone of the voice is so irritating to hear. But his brows furrowed, even more, when it processed on his mind. 'if he's calling him master Lan, so the one he is with is Lan Xichen?!' he exclaimed in his mind. He stomped his feet to where the voice came from.

His blood boiled when he saw the person who sticks like a leech to Lan Xichen is the same person who gave him the bracelet in the village.

He clicked his tongue. He can't do anything but watch, vampires and lycans are not that close to being friends even though they'd agreed about the ceasefire.

He sighed heavily as he calms himself, he watches them as the man keeps on sticking close to Lan Xichen despite him keeping his distance from him.

"What a leech," he murmured under his breath.

He clicked his tongue again, but unfortunately, it was loud that Jin Guangyao and Lan Xichen was able to hear it.

He immediately hid before they can see him.

They looked in the direction where it came from.

"That's just a bird master Lan, let's just have fun," Jin Guangyao said persistently as he holds on to Lan Xichen's elbow, trying his best to get his attention.

Lan Xichen didn't listen to Jin Guangyao, he knows that it is 'someone' who just clicked his tongue. The one who came across his mind is Jiang Cheng.

He nudges away Jin Guangyao's hands and walked in the direction of the sound.

"Master Lan, where are you going?" Jin Guangyao asked as he followed Lan Xichen with his eyes.

"I'll just check on it master Jin," he said in his monotonous tone.

"I'll come with you~" he giggled.

"Please do not trouble yourself Master Jin, just wait here and I'll be right back," he lied just to escape him. He wants to be with Jiang Cheng and it's their chance to be together. He doesn't want to be interrupted by his time with Jiang Cheng so he needs Jin Guangyao to be not around.

"Oh, okiiie~," Jin Guangyao said happily as he finds something to sit on as he waits for Lan Xichen. 'He's so considerate,' he said in his mind.

Lan Xichen escapes and walked to where the sound came from, he used his inhuman speed to prevent Jiang Cheng from escaping.

In just a millisecond, he's standing beside Jiang Cheng.

"A'cheng," he called sweetly that made Jiang Cheng nearly screamed. Lan Xichen immediately covered his mouth. "Shh, don't shout and he might hear you," Lan Xichen whispered in his ear as he points at Jin Guangyao who is patiently waiting for him.

Jiang Cheng nodded as he is already calm himself.

Lan Xichen let go of his mouth and smiled at him, "Let's go to my room," he whispered as he suddenly swoops him up on his arms and carried him.

Jiang Cheng's reflexes didn't quite grasp how Lan Xichen do these things at his inhuman speed. And without realizing they're already inside his room.

Lan Xichen put him down gently, after putting him down he immediately grasps him for a hug.

"God knows how much I want to hug you like this," he said as he closes his eyes, feeling the warmth of Jiang Cheng's body.

Jiang Cheng smiled, despite what he saw a while ago, now he's more assured that lan Xichen is faithful to him and him only.

"I missed you," Jiang Cheng uttered as he hugged him back tightly.

They stayed like that for a minute, then Lan Xichen pulled inches away from each other. He looked at him with a smile from ear to ear. then he laid his lips on his forehead, giving him a gentle peck.

"By the way Xichen, who is that?" Jiang Cheng suddenly asked.

Lan Xichen's hands went on Jiang Cheng's buttocks and pulled him up, making him encircle his legs on his torso as he carries him on the bed.

He chuckled as he gently put him down, then laid beside him. He hugged Jiang Cheng on his waist as he bury his face in his neck.

"That was Master Jin, half-brother of the leader of the phoenix clan, he's name is Jin Guangyao," he spoke, still burying his head on his neck.

"Oh, such a leech," Jiang Cheng uttered with full of irritation in his voice.

Lan Xichen chuckled and pulled away to look at Jiang Cheng's face.

"Are you jealous?" he asked teasingly.

"Why would I? You're not even interested in him so why?" he said in his bitchy tone.

Lan Xichen chuckled and brushed off the hair that is covering his face, he leaned and gave him a peck on his lips. "Right, it's only you that I will look at with my whole heart," he said.

Jiang Cheng smiled, his furrowed brows disappeared as his heart skipped a beat at what he said.

"I love you," he whispered and pulled Lan Xichen's face as he playfully nibbled on lan Xichen's lower lip.

"Are you provoking me?" Lan Xichen uttered. The way Jiang Cheng tease him is turning him on.

"What if am I?" He teased as he unconsciously slipped his tongue inside Lan Xichen's mouth.

"Then I'll gladly accept that," he roared as answers every move of Jiang Cheng's tongue and lips.

...to be continued...