Chapter 24: Distance

"Master Lan, when are you going to eat?" Jin Guangyao asked Lan Xichen. Everyone is set in the dining hall. And Jin Guangyao purposely sat beside Lan Xichen, no one noticed except for Jiang Cheng since everyone is busy eating.

Jiang Cheng's eyes are darted at the two, glaring at Guangyao. But no matter how persistent he is, Lan Xichen didn't lay his eyes on him, "What a leech," he whispered under his breath.

Wei Ying suddenly pops out of nowhere, interrupting his grumbling.

"What a frown you got there," He chuckled. Jiang Cheng looked at him and sighed.

"Can't get a hold of that leech away from him," he grumbled.

Wei Ying looked at the direction where he is pointing out. He shook his head and his brows furrowed. "Why are you not getting him away?" He asked.

"What can I do? Our clans are not that best of friends yet." He shrugged and turn his back at them.

"Aw, that sucks," Wei Ying remarked as he watches Jin Guangyao make a move to Lan Xichen.

"He's really persistent huh," He added.

"Mn," Jiang Cheng answered as he put food in his mouth.

"You know, he's embarrassing himself," Wei Ying chuckled. He felt pity for Jin Guangyao because no matter what he does Lan Xichen won't lay his eyes on him. But he's enjoying how miserable Jin Guangyao in his state.

"Yeah, so it doesn't anger me a bit," Jiang Cheng answered after swallowing the food in his mouth, then after he put another spoonful.

"Woah, That's the spirit," Wei Ying exclaimed and put a spoonful in his mouth.

"Whatever, let's just finish our food so we can walk around later, the elders surely will be busy after this breakfast." Jiang Cheng said and focused on his food. Wei Ying shrugged and ate his fill peacefully.

On the other hand, Lan Xichen is watching Jiang Cheng in his peripheral vision. He already wants to get out of that situation and be beside Jiang Cheng. But it's still broad daylight, he can't leave the persistent Jin Guangyao because of the reason that he's a visitor. He sighed, he doesn't have any appetite to eat in these circumstances.

"Master Lan, where will you tour me next?" Jin Guangyao asked as he keeps bugging him. Every after he swallows a spoonful of food he'll ask him a question. But his mouth is sealed, he will not respond unless it's an important question.

"You're quite quiet today, Master Lan. Are you not feeling well?" JIn Guangyao asked again.

"I'm fine, Master Jin. Please continue your food," he uttered in his monotonous tone.

"Aren't you cold? It hurts," he pouted, trying to get his sympathy. But it doesn't affect him. 'if it's A'cheng, I'll do everything he wants me to do,' he said in his mind.

"Master Lan, I'm done. Let's have a walk?" He giggled as he set down his bowl.

Lan Xichen's mouth is shut close, he stood from his seat and started walking.

Jin Guangyao stood from his seat as well and happily followed Lan Xichen.

.

The day pass,

Jin Guangyao followed Lan Xichen everywhere. As usual, he's been quite the who'll time and never gave attention to him.

And wherever they went, Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying always bump into them, accidentally. Jin Guangyao will always glare at them and all smiling when he faces Lan Xichen.

Jiang Cheng scoffs behind his back while Wei Ying will laugh knowing that he's being pathetic and the one he's making a fit is Lan Xichen's lover.

"He's glaring at us again," Wei Ying laughed when they're at a good distance away from them.

"Let him be, the one he's glaring at is the one who comforts the person who he is flirting." Jiang Cheng said with his composed self.

"Yeah right." Wei Ying laughed as they continue their journey of discovering the beautiful spots inside the cloud recesses.

.

The day passes by quickly, the sun already set and they finished their dinner already. The hall is quite busy the whole day. Planning on the siege that they will execute after they thoroughly planned about the matter.

"Xichen, I'll go to your room tonight," Jiang Cheng whispered, calling Lan Xichen's name so he can hear his voice in his telepathy.

Lan Xichen heard his voice. He smiled unconsciously after hearing his voice, he'd been longing for him after they get separated this morning.

"I'm sorry Master Jin, I have matters to attend this evening," Lan Xichen excuses but Jin Guangyao stopped him.

"Can't you at least escort me to my room?" He pleaded.

Lan Xichen felt the cringe on his nerves almost making him make a face in front of him.

"I-I'm sorry, it's urgent Master Jin. I'll be going now," He lied and bid goodbye. He escaped before Jin Guangyao can stop him.

Jin Guangyao sighed angrily, his brows furrowed in annoyance. 'Tsk, what a waste,' he grumbled as he stomps his feet all the way to his room.

Lan Xichen immediately went to his room, only to find Jiang Cheng resting on his bed. He thought he will see him later but he never thought that he's been there the moment he calls Lan Xichen through telepathy.

"A'cheng," he whispered.

Jiang Cheng immediately opens his eyes and stood from the bed. He jumps in joy as he went to hug him.

"I miss youuuu~" he whined.

"I miss you too," he answered and carried him on the bed.

"Did you have fun walking and looking at the good points of Cloud Recesses?" Lan Xichen asked and looked at him in his eyes.

"Yeah, but the leech is everywhere, quite an eyesore," He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Lan Xichen chuckled, "Next time, I'll try looking for a valid reason to not accompany him, I'm quite uncomfortable around him anyway." He answered

"Hm. yeah." Jiang Cheng answered, reassured at what Lan Xichen said. He hugged him tight and snuggled his face on his neck.

"Let me rest, I'm tired watching you being flirted with a leech, let me sleep here," he whined and closed his eyes.

"Yes, you may." Lan Xichen said and wrapped his arms around him. He kissed his head and smiled as he gently caresses his hair.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you more," Jiang Cheng answered.

Just then, the comfortableness made his eyes heavy. And without realizing, he fell asleep.