Chapter 22: Morning

Morning came...

"Master Lan?" someone called him from the other side of the door, knocking on it.

Lan Xichen immediately jolted in surprise. 'It's too early in the morning, who might it be?' he asked.

He looked at the peacefully sleeping Jiang Cheng beside him. He smiled and leaned to plant a gentle peck on his forehead.

He smiled again after pulling away. Jiang Cheng's arms are tightly encircled on his waist. He tittered, he needs Jiang Cheng to let go of him so he can see whoever that is knocking so early. But he doesn't want to wake him up. He tried to slowly release his body, but Jiang Cheng unconsciously hugged him tighter and snuggled closer. He sighed, Even if he doesn't want to release from that hug, he has no choice to see who it was or someone might get suspicious.

He went for another try, he tried lifting Jiang Cheng's arm that is hugging him. Gladly, for his second attempt, Jiang Cheng didn't flinch or even wake up. Then he slowly lowered his arm after sitting up.

He stood up immediately before Jiang Cheng can pull him into a hug again, he sighed in relief and stretched his arms above his head. Then he looked down at the peacefully sleeping Jiang Cheng, he smiled again for the hundredth time, he just can't get enough of it. He'd been staring and smiling the whole night while looking after him.

"Master Lan," then someone called again while knocking three times at his door.

He flinched and looked at the door, he almost forgot.

He immediately looked for his clothes and skillfully wear them using his inhuman speed. And in just a second his dressed well. He heaved a sigh before getting the door.

Now all he needs to this open the door slightly so they can't catch sight of Jiang Cheng in his room.

He slightly opened the door and peeked outside to see who it was.

"Good morning master Lan!" Jin Guangyao grinned upon seeing Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen flinched for a moment but then compose immediately. He cannot disrespect Jin Guangyao since he's a visitor but he doesn't want him to find out that Jiang Cheng is in his room.

He immediately steps out of his room and when Jin Guangyao was about to sneakily peek inside, Lan Xichen bangs it close, making Jin Guanyao jump in surprise.

"S-sorry," Lan Xichen answered and scratched his nape.

Jin Guangyao immediately recovered and stood properly, "That's fine," he grinned happily.

"By the way, last night, I was waiting for you but you didn't show up," Jin Guangyao added and pouted.

Lan Xichen bowed and apologized, "I'm so sorry for my rudeness," he exclaimed. He just doesn't want to be stuck with him the whole night so he broke his promise.

"It's fine, but I felt hurt, how can you compensate me?" he grinned once again, a grin that is dangerous to agree into.

"I-I don't know," Lan Xichen answered, he got nothing in his mind.

"How about spending your time with me the whole day? Is that fine?" Jin Guangyao offered.

Lan Xichen gulped, but if Jiang Cheng will see them he'll get jealous but he might offend Jin Guangyao if he refuses.

He sighed as he finally decided, he just needs to remind Jiang Cheng that it's all just for work so he needed not to be jealous. He knows that Jiang will understand it since it's for protecting their relationship as well.

He gave him a fake smile, "It's fine by me," he answered against his will.

"Well then, why don't you show me your room first?" Jin Guangyao cheered that made Lan Xichen's brows met.

"No, master Jin," His expression suddenly changed, from his awkward self to his authoritative tone.

Jin Guanyao looked up at him, he never seen Lan Xichen that way. But it made him even more curious about why he doesn't want him to look at it.

Jin Guanyao chuckled, "I thought we're friends?"

Lan Xichen's right eyebrow almost lift, but immediately stopped. It'll be disrespectful if he lifts an eyebrow at him.

"My room is a private part of me, Master Jin, I should not open it to just anyone," Lan Xichen answered politely.

Jin Guangyao pouted, "But aren't I special to you, Master Lan?" He smiled sweetly but sadly those smiles don't affect him even an inch.

"You're our guest, Master Jin. The Cloud Recesses is open for your leisure but the rooms that are occupied are private to whoever is staying in those," He answered with his indifferent tone. He sees him nothing but a guess, nothing more.

Jin Guangyao sighed, "You're so heartless Master Lan, but I guess that's what I like about you," He giggled.

Lan Xichen already figured out why Jin Guangyao is so persistent and clingy to him. His brother is right, Jin Guangyao likes him and he's hitting on him. But unfortunately, his bond with Jiang Cheng is stronger and it doesn't affect him, however, Jin Guangyao flirt with him.

"Please excuse me for a moment Master Jin, it's still early in the morning. You should rest first then I'll accompany you later. I bet you haven't rested well since you waited for me last night," Lan Xichen said with his monotonous tone. He doesn't want to spend his morning with someone he's uncomfortable with.

Jin Guangyao grinned again, 'now he cares for my health, hm,' he said in his mind, having his wildest thoughts again.

"Then thank you, master Lan, see you when the sun is up," He said happily and turned. Then he looked back for a second and grinned, showing his deep dimples at him. Trying to make him fall for his gorgeous face. He waved at him then turn to his tracks.

Lan Xichen sighed in relief after Jin Guangyao left. They just talk for how many minutes but he felt tired already.

He needs to tell to Jiang Cheng so he won't get any funny ideas when he escorts him around the Cloud Recesses later.

He opened the door and immediately entered. It's a timing that Jiang Cheng woke up.

He smiled and walked to the bed and sat beside him.

"Where did you went?" Jiang Cheng asked, still in his hooded eyes.

"Hm, a visitor came bugging me," he said and cupped his face and planted a kiss on his forehead. "Are you okay, does your body hurts?" Lan Xichen asked with his sweetest voice.

Jiang Cheng smiled widely, "I'm fine, okay? Don't worry about me," he said and leaned on Lan Xichen's chest, snuggling his body as he closes his eyes.

Lan Xichen smiled and caress his hair, "You know, I need to tell you something." Lan Xichen started.

"Is it bad or good?" Jiang Cheng answered, comfortably leaning on him.

"It's bad," he answered.

"Let's hear it," Jiang Cheng said, feeling the warmth of Lan Xichen's body.

Lan Xichen explained the whole thing to Jiang Cheng, while Jiang Cheng listened carefully.

He smiled after hearing him out, "I understand, It's not like I can prevent him from sticking to you. Our relationship is still taboo for both of our clans so we still need to hide it. But I'm not troubled that you'll get seduced by him, I trust you so it's fine," Jiang Cheng said and opened his eyes, he looked at him dearly and leaned for a short passionate kiss.

Lan Xichen answered his lips and smiled after pulling away.

He's happy that he has an understanding lover. He hugged him tight and pulled him to lay on the bed. "Let's stay on the bed until the sun completely rises," He said.

Jiang Cheng snuggled on his chest and smiled widely, "Mn," he answered happily.