Chapter 32: Double

Two months later...

"It's been two months already, A'cheng. Our baby will be born any time this week," Lan Xichen tittered as he caresses Jiang Cheng bloated belly. In his excitement to see his child, he never leaves Jiang Cheng's side, his work at the Cloud Recesses is postponed, and promise his uncle to resume it after two months. Lan Qiren didn't ask furthermore about the reason behind his postponing of his workloads, but ask him to resume immediately after. He knows how stubborn Lan Xichen is even if he prevents him from doing so.

"Yeah, but with this big, I feel like I'm going to labor soon," Jiang Cheng winced when he felt a sudden contraction.

"Tell me if you feel something okay?" Lan Xichen said worriedly as he holds his hand. Jiang Cheng gave him a faint smile and nodded.

"You know, your belly looks bigger than other pregnant, isn't this a twin?" Lan Xichen's brows furrowed. He's been looking after Jiang Cheng every day and it's unusually big for a single baby.

"Hm, Maybe? I hadn't asked our resident doctor about it, she just gave me vitamins to ensure the baby's health," Jiang Cheng answered and rest his head on the headboard.

Lan Xichen smiled and stood, he cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead," Whatever it may be, you'll be fine. I'll be right back okay? I'll get our breakfast," he said after moving away from his face.

"Mn," Jiang Cheng answered and closed his eyes.

Lan Xichen smiled at him once again before going out of their room.

.

"Good morning," he greeted the cook assigned in the kitchen.

"Morning, master Lan," he greeted and bowed.

"Where's breakfast?" He asked happily.

"It's placed on the basket Master Lan, we're about to deliver it to you, you don't need to come to get it," The cook said.

"Hm, I don't do anything anyway, so picking up A'cheng's food is all I can do here," he tittered. The cook smiled at him and bowed, "Then take care Master Lan, wishing you a healthy offspring," He congratulated.

"Thank you," he said and grabbed the basket.

Just when he's about to get out of the kitchen, he heard Jiang Cheng call him on his telepathy.

His eyes went wide, he immediately rushes off to their room.

When he arrived, Jiang Cheng is panting heavily, his face is drenched in sweat and he keeps repeating Lan Xichen's name.

He rushed to his side and held his hand, Jiang Cheng clutches on it tightly. "I c-can haah feel his h-head," He stuttered, the contractions are getting painful and painful.

"Wait here, I'll call the doctor," He panicked. He let go of his hand and went out to find a disciple.

"Call The Doctor, Quick!" he exclaimed. A disciple immediately moved.

He came back inside and held his hand again, Jiang Cheng immediately gripped his hand tight. He huffed, his brows are furrowed already and his eyes are teary.

"Shh, you'll be fine." Lan Xichen whispered in his ear.

Just then, the doctor arrived. He immediately placed the blanket to cover his lower half.

"Master Lan, we need you to wait outside," The doctor said.

"B-but--" He's about to retort when Jiang Cheng let go of his hand. He gave him a reassuring smile.

"Go, I-I'll be fine," He said faintly.

Lan Xichen sighed and kissed his forehead. "Be strong," He said before he went out.

.

Lan Xichen is walking back and forth outside their room. Jiang Cheng is in the middle of delivery and he's getting anxious as time passes by.

"Relax, Master Lan," Jiang Yanli uttered upon arriving.

Lan Xichen bowed at her and smiled faintly.

"He'll be fine, okay? He's strong." She said and gave him a reassuring smile.

Lan Xichen sighed and sat on the stairs, his hands are clasp together as he rests his forehead on his on top of his clasped hands. He's excited to see his child yet he's worried about Jiang Cheng when he saw how Jiang Cheng struggles in pain a while ago, he can't calm. His heart is thumping fast as of what will be happening in the next seconds.

"Xichen, A'cheng will be fine," Jiang Fengmian who just arrived, patted his shoulder.

he looked up at him with a faint smile then rest his head again on his clasped together hands.

.

Hours passed and the doctor' is not yet calling them in, Lan Xichen's anxiety just got worsen. He's worried, his hands are sweating and his heart is beating fast. The pain on Jiang Cheng's face is haunting him. He just wants to barge inside and held on to Jiang Cheng's hand so he can at least keep him company and comfort him.

He jolted when he heard cries from inside the room. He lifts his head and stood up from his seat and faced the door. He's eager to go inside already.

Then the door suddenly flung open. His eyes are full of anticipation as the doctor and her assistant opened the door with the babies in their hands.

"It's a twin," she announced.

Lan Xichen immediately stood beside the doctor and peek at the babies. Tears began falling from his eyes, it was tears of joy.

The doctor and her assistant gave them to him as the hold them between his arms. His tears keep on falling as he made his way inside.

He sat beside the exhausted Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng's eyes are hooded and his face is drenched with sweat, he's panting heavily as proof of his tiredness.

"Look A'cheng you did it.," Lan Xichen said with full of happiness in his voice.

"Yeah," Jiang Cheng smiled faintly as he slowly brings his hand up to touch the baby.

"I will call him, Jingyi," He said to the baby boy.

"The girl will be Jangyi," Jiang Cheng mumbled but enough for Lan Xichen to hear.

"Yeah, Jangyi," he uttered.

Jiang Fengmian, Yu Ziyuan, and Jiang Yanli came inside their room. They smiled from ear to ear after seeing the baby.

Jiang Fengmian held the baby girl and Yu Ziyuan held the baby boy.

"Aw, they're so cute. This looks like A'Cheng when he was born," Jiang Fengmian remarked as he watches little Jangyi in his arms.

"This one got your eyes Xichen," Yu Ziyuan tittered as she looks at little Jingyi in her arms.

Lan Xichen chuckled then look at Jiang Cheng. He kissed his forehead and brushed away the hair on his face, "You did a good job, my love," he whispered.

Jiang Cheng in his hooded eyes answered, "Mn," he smiled at him.

"I love you," Lan Xichen whispered again.

"I love you more," He answered with his faint voice then closed his eyes.

"Rest well," He said and held his hand. Jiang Cheng gripped on them and drifted to sleep.