Chapter 34: Grandpa

"It's been one week already, are you sure you're ready?" Lan Xichen asked Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng finally recovered, he's holding baby Jangyi in his arms while humming a lullaby to calm her from crying.

"Yes, and it doesn't change my mind." He said as he smiled as he watches her give off a small yawn. He tittered, "so cute" he mumbled.

Lan Xichen sighed, he wants to introduce him as soon as possible but he knows how grumpy Lan Qiren could be and he's afraid that Jiang Cheng can't handle him.

"Tell me if you're still not ready, okay? We can still cancel it," He said worriedly.

He stood beside him, "Why the fuss? It'll be fine." He giggled.

Lan Xichen smiles and shook his head. Jiang Cheng already mustered up his courage and all he needs to do is stand beside him and show Lan Qiren his worth.

"Then, if you say so. Let's visit Cloud Recesses before sunset?" He asked.

"Yes!" he tittered happily then looked down at baby Jangyi. She is already fast asleep. "Here get her, and place her beside Jingyi," he said and gave her to Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen placed her on their bed beside Jingyi. Then he leaned to kiss their foreheads.

After leaning away, he looked at Jiang Cheng and hugged his waist.

"I love you," He suddenly uttered and rest his head on his neck.

"I love you more," He answered, "Your breath is tickling my neck," he giggled and held on to Lan Xichen's shoulder and tried pushing him away.

"Hm, they're fast asleep. Let's do it quick!" he whispered beside his neck and peck on them.

Jiang Cheng chuckled, "Then we need to keep it down," He said and walked backward to reach their bed. When they arrived, they immediately laid.

"It's been so long, I missed your body," Lan Xichen said as his hands slip inside his robe and slowly removed them. Jiang Cheng chuckled at how excited Lan Xichen is moving.

The sun is shining brightly but their love for each other knows no bound. They made love until the moment baby Jingyi and Jangyi woke up.

.

"Does baby Jingyi and Jangyi's things are set?" Lan Xichen asked as he holds the baskets of the things they needed while baby Jingyi is on his other arm.

"Yes, we're ready," Jiang Cheng answered as he holds baby Jangyi in his arms, completely covered with a blanket.

"Then let's go, the carriage your father made a reservation for us is already waiting," He said and step out of their room, Jiang Cheng followed him.

.

They arrived at the Cloud Recesses by sunset, the disciples welcomed them and carried their things.

The two with their babies on the arms went straight to the hall where Lan Qiren is always staying when he's having his business

They stood in front of the door of the hall. They looked at each other first then gulp. Both of them are nervous but they can't back out now. After taking the journey, there's no turning back. Cold sweats are running at their backs.

Then they both heave a sigh, then Lan Xichen knocked three times.

"Come in," Lan Qiren spoke from the inside.

Lan Xichen gathered up his courage and flung the door open.

Lan Qiren didn't even glimpse a look at them but he put down his brush.

"So where's the deal you've been bragging to me about?" He asked and looked at them. But he stopped half-way. His brows went from frowning to relaxed.

"Uncle, I want to get your bl--" Lan Xichen stopped talking when Lan Qiren cut him off.

"Are they my grandchildren?" He asked with full of excitement his in eyes.

The two looked at each other, surprised at Lan Qiren's sudden change of mood.

Lan Qiren may be a strict elder of the clan but he has a soft spot for babies and on top of that, his grandchildren.

Lan Qiren stood from his seat and walked in their direction.

He smiled, "They are twins?" He said happily.

Jiang Cheng smiled, "Yes, Master Lan," He answered.

Lan Qiren then averts his attention to Jiang Cheng, his brows met. "You are the son of Leader Jiang, am I right?" He asked and brushed his beard. "And here I thought, Xichen fell in love in a mere lycan," he uttered, then his eyes averted on the babies again. "Can I hold her?" He asked Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng smiled and nodded, he gave him Jangyi. Lan Qiren happily carried him in his arms.

"What's his name?" He asked Jiang Cheng completely ignoring Lan Xichen.

"That's Jangyi and this is Jingyi," he smiled widely. Lan Xichen's brows met, he never thought that his uncle would act softhearted.

"I worried for nothing," Lan Xichen whispered to Jiang Cheng and sighed in relief.

"At least your uncle seems to be enjoying it," Jiang Cheng whispered back and tittered.

But they suddenly stiffen when Lan Qiren looked at them, his brows are furrowed, "If that's the case, I will prepare for your wedding, tell me when you would want," He uttered.

The two looked at each other again and smiled, "Yes, uncle," Lan Xichen answered.

"You may stay here for the night," he said sternly. "But can I have them both stay in my room?" Lan Qiren's mood suddenly changed.

Lan Xichen hesitated for a while, but Jiang Cheng tapped his shoulder and gave him a smile that is telling him to let him be, then a smirk took after that is telling him that they can do 'something' good when the babies are not around.

Lan Xichen chuckled then avert his attention to Lan Qiren, "Then take care of the uncle, I will let a disciple carry their things to your room," He said.

"Hm, I'll manage. They're just like you and Wangji when your father leaves you to me," He said and smile as he watches baby Jangyi in his arms.

"By the way, visit Wangji before you go to your room. He needs your presence sometimes," Lan Qiren uttered to them but not averting his eyes away from the baby.

"He hasn't recovered over it yet?" He asked worriedly.

"He's not even recovering an inch," Lan Qiren answered then sighed.

"Then we'll be on our way then, we'll visit him. We'll get Jingyi for the meantime and give him to you after we visit," He said and bowed at him, Jiang Cheng bowed as well.

Then they both turned to the door.