Chapter 5: Bump

"Shall we go back to the Cloud Recesses?" lan Xichen asked. The sun is setting down as they pass the last establishments in the village.

Jin Guangyao bought a few things and a bracelet for Lan Xichen.

'I hope he'll like this,' he giggled to himself as he looks at the bracelet he just bought secretly.

"Master Jin? Are you listening?" Lan Xichen snapped at him.

He immediately hid the bracelet and looked at Lan Xichen with a nervous face.

"Ah, yes, yes hehe" answered and giggled as they walk beside each other.

"Then shall go back?" He asked again.

Jin Guangyao stopped at his tracks and looked at Lan Xichen again, "Can we eat first? I'm kind of hungry all of a sudden," He smiled, trying to seduce Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen sighed, "Okay, this will be the last one master Jin then we'll go back to Cloud Recesses," He agreed, he doesn't want to upset him.

.

"A'Jie, why did you bought so many vegetables and meat?" Jiang Cheng asked as he carries the bags of groceries Jiang Yanli bought.

Jiang Cheng's arms are already wearing out, being an omega lycan is what makes him so weak and unable to do heavy works.

"Stop complaining and follow me, we haven't had a round on the village yet," She said as she walks ahead of him.

"But this is heavyyyy! You're an alpha, you can just easily carry this," He whined as the heavy loads are making his pace slow.

"But I'm a woman, a man should be a gentleman you know," she answered as she keeps on walking but controlling her pace to match with Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng just whined, he can't do anything but follow his sister's order. He sighed as carry them with his tired face.

The village is being engulfed with the darkness, the sun that was setting a while ago is already replaced with the bright moon. The village is slowly being filled with different night dwellers. The stores, tea houses, and other establishments that are closed in the daytime is opening.

"A'Jie, can you wait for me? You made me carry this bag full of your ingredients then you don't even wait for me?" His brows met as he exclaimed.

Jiang Yanli turned to him and chuckled, "Go A'Cheng you can do it," she cheered as she smiled wide.

Jiang Cheng sighed a deep breath then carried his sister's stuff again.

As the village is being filled with different creatures, his pace is getting slow. He's trying his best to avoid bumping on other people. But unfortunately, he suddenly bumped into someone. He closed his eyes and clicked his tongue, the heavy loads he's holding almost fell but he gladly caught them. But the impact made his wrist twist. He winced in pain, but he composed himself.

"I'm sorry," the man who he bumped with apologized.

But before he can shout at him with his furious face, the man disappeared from the crowd. It's already getting full that's why he can't spot him anymore.

He gritted his teeth in annoyance. But something made him stop and think, "that man's voice was quite familiar, and his scent too, where did I smelt that scent again?" He asked himself and looked up, trying to find an answer to his curiousness.

But then Jiang Yanli suddenly came back for him, "Why did you stop walking?" She asked and held on Jiang Cheng's shoulder and shook him to snap him out.

"I bump into someone, that made me stop on my tracks," He rolled his eyes.

Jiang Yanli chuckled, "So you're not even hurt, well then let's buy more ingredients for our pork-rib lotus root soup," She grinned at let go of his shoulder, then started walking again.

"You're so cruel," he whined and carried the bag despite his twisted wrist.

.

"What's the matter, Master Lan?" Jin Guangyao asked when Lan Xichen came running-walking to Jin Guangyao's pace.

He accidentally bumped into someone and he didn't apologize properly because he's trying to keep his pace with Jin Guangyao, plus the village is getting crowded and crowded so he didn't have a chance to meet with that and apologize properly. He sighed, 'what if that left in a bad impression to him?'

"master Lan?" He patted his shoulder, "You okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, I just bump into someone but it's alright." He said and looked back, trying to spot who it was.

"Shall we eat then?" Jin Guangyao asked and hold on Lan Xichen's wrist, pulling him on a restaurant just in front of them.

Lan Xichen's eyes went wide when he is suddenly pulled. Jin Guangyao just giggled as they went inside.

.

"A'Jie! This is heavy, can we stop for a minute?" Jiang Cheng whined as they keep walking and Jiang Yanli keep on buying things.

Jiang Yanli looked back at him and sighed, "Fine. You're a man but you're so weak," she shook her head.

"It's because I'm an omega! Not like you alphas," He rolled his eyes sat on a stair of an establishment, he's panting heavily from walking and carrying the heavy load. Jiang Yanli crossed her arms on her chest.

"I'll just look into something out there, I'll be right back. You stay here." She said and left Jiang Cheng alone.

He sighed, "If Xichen is here he could have carried this easily," He said. "I kind of miss hanging out with him. Is he busy today? Will he visit our secret place?" He talked to himself as he closes his eyes.

"Xichen, Xichen, Xichen," He keeps mumbling as he relaxes himself.

But then Jiang Yanli came back, "Xichen?" She tilted her head, curious at what he's been mumbling about.

He was flinched and immediately opened his eyes, he was startled when he saw Jiang Yanli in front of him. Her brows are furrowed, waiting for his answer.

Her sister does not suppose to know about him or there be doomed.

He scratched his neck and tittered, "I just heard it when someone passes by, hehe" he laughed awkwardly.

She sighed, "Come on, let's go. You've had enough rest." She said and turned.

Jiang Cheng immediately stood up, if he doesn't do what his sister says, she might throw questions at him instead. He sighed, 'better be careful next time' he thought.