Chapter 33: Family

"You rested well, A'cheng," Lan Xichen sat beside Jiang Cheng who just woke up. It's already morning and because of his exhaustion, he slept almost twenty-four hours.

Jiang Cheng slowly opened his eyes, his body is still weak.

"Where're our babies?" In his faint voice, he asked.

"They're still fast asleep on their bed," Lan Xichen said and laid beside him.

"You feeling better now?" He asked.

Jiang Cheng nodded and put his arm on his waist.

"I miss your warmth," Jiang Cheng mumbled and snuggled his face on his neck.

"Hm, I was not able to stay by your side when you're asleep because I'm attending the babies," Lan Xichen said as he caresses his hair.

"I know," He mumbles and closed his eyes again. "Stay by my side for a while, hmn?" He pleaded and hugged him tightly.

"Yes, yes," Lan Xichen chuckled and brush his hair gently. "By the way, when do you want to go to Cloud Recesses?" he suddenly asked.

Jiang Cheng opened his eyes and looked up at him.

"Whenever your ready, I guess," He answered and smiled.

"Then, when you gain your strength let's go there and get their blessing," Lan Xichen look down at his and smiled back.

"Yes, in a week I will be in good shape," Jiang Cheng tittered.

"Good," he uttered and kissed his forehead, down to the tip of his nose and rest on his lips.

Jiang Cheng smiled between their kiss, he playfully slid his tongue inside Lan Xichen that made him surprise at his sudden attack.

Lan Xichen smirked and counterattack his playfulness. He sucked his tongue and put his hand on his nape, pulling him closer. He encircled his other arm on his waist and pulled his body, rubbing it on his.

Their tongue and mouth played with each other for several minutes, then they pulled away when they feel breathless.

They stared at each other's orbs, "We can't continue this, you're still not well." Lan Xichen whispered and released him.

Jiang Cheng was dumbfounded, he sighed, "You're right, but look at you, suppressing yourself," Jiang Cheng looked down at his torso. When they were in the middle of kissing, he felt a hard thing poking him.

Lan Xichen chuckled nervously and sat up. "It will be gone soon, I should not take it out on you. You might drain you're regained strength." He said and about to stand up when Jiang Cheng grabbed him.

"No, I can't leave you like this," he said and grinned.

"A'Cheng, don't force yourself," Lan Xichen said and cupped his shoulder to stop him.

"But it looks painful. Don't worry, I'm not forcing myself, you were tired the whole night, taking care of our babies, at least this will make you feel better," He smiled reached the hem of his robe, and slowly lift it up.

Just when he's about to remove his undergarments...

"Uwaaaah!" the babies cried. Their attention was averted to where the babies are sleeping.

Lan Xichen immediately stood and went to get them. He held them on his arms gently and took them beside Jiang Cheng.

"Here, They must be looking for their mother," Lan Xichen said and gave baby Jingyi in his arms.

Jiang Cheng smiled upon laying his eyes on him. "I was exhausted yesterday that I didn't quite have a good look at them, they're unbelievably cute," he giggled.

The babies stopped crying when they felt their parents' warmth.

"They have calmed, look after them and I'll get their milk at the kitchen," He said and put down baby Jangyi on his side and set a pillow beside her so she won't fall.

Lan Xichen left them and get milk for the babies and food for Jiang Cheng. After minutes, he arrived, holding a basket in his hand.

"Here, I have their milk," Lan Xichen set down the basket and took the bottle of milk and gave it to Jiang Cheng. He picks up Jangyi and carried her in his arms, gently.

He smiled as he gave her the bottled milk, she sucks on them vigorously. Jiang Cheng chuckled and gave baby Jingyi his bottled milk. He sucks on them like they were starved.

Lan Xichen tittered as he watches the two.

"Look at Jangyi, she looks like you. When I give you food, your face is like that." He chuckled. Jiang Cheng glared at him.

"I'm not!" he sulked.

"Yeah, yeah," Lan Xichen chuckled, not convinced on his denial.

"You know, Jingyi got your face," Jiang Cheng suddenly uttered as he watches baby Jingyi suck on his bottle as his life depends on it.

"You think so? It got a mix of you, though," He tilted his head looked at him closely.

"Now that you mention it, he does," He chuckled.

"See," Lan Xichen smiled.

Just then, a knock on the door broke their happy moment. Lan Xichen stood from his seat while baby Jangyi is in his arms.

He opened the door and welcomed him, Jiang Fengmian.

"Good morning, Leader Jiang," Lan Xichen greeted and bowed slightly.

"oh no, you can just call me father, don't be so polite," he chuckled and avert his attention to the baby he is holding. "Oh, my granddaughter is so cute, can I hold her?" He asked Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen smiled and gladly gave him baby Jangyi.

Then when he's about to close the door, Yu Ziyuan is on her way to their room.

"Oh, Ms. Yu, good morning," he greeted and bowed.

"Call me, mother okay? I wanna see my grandchildren, are they asleep?" She asked.

Lan Xichen smiled at her, "They are taking their meal, mother. Father is holding Jangyi while Jingyi is on Jiang Cheng," He answered.

She hurriedly went on Jiang Cheng's side, "Give me my grandson, you should be resting and recovering!" she scolded him.

Jiang Cheng pouted, "I just want to hold my baby! It's not like it'll take too much energy!" he retorted.

Yi Ziyuan glared at him, "Don't you talk back at me!" she warned him.

Lan Xichen chuckled at how the mother and son argue, he shook his head.

"They're as lively as ever," Jiang Yanli suddenly popped out of nowhere.

Lan Xichen looked at her chuckled, "Yes,"

"It's thanks to you, they are so happy like that. The babies are such a blessing to the family," She tittered and watch their parents all chuckling over the babies.

"I'm happy that I have A'cheng and my children too," he answered and chuckled as he watches them as well.

"Thank you for being on A'Cheng's side," Jiang Yanli uttered and went inside their room.