Chapter 16: The Same

"Wangji?" Lan Xichen uttered when he saw Lan Zhan in the kitchen, preparing food.

Lan Zhan looked at him then looked back at what he is doing.

"Why are you in the kitchen?" he asked.

"I'm going to feed an astray I found yesterday," he answered as he continued what he is doing.

Lan Xichen tilted his head, 'what does he mean by that?' he asked himself and peeked at what he is doing. Lan Zhan is finished and put the food on the basket.

"Then are you heading out this early?" he asked.

"Mn," Lan Zhan answered and grabbed the basket after preparing.

"Then, stay safe," Lan Xichen said as he follows Lan Zhan with his eyes. Lan Zhan walked away holding a basket. It is unusual for him to do such a thing. He shrugged when he's already out of his sight.

Then suddenly the image of Jiang Cheng popped out of his mind. He tittered, he's into much bliss that everywhere he goes, Jiang Cheng always enters his mind.

He tittered again as he shook his head, "Focus Lan Xichen, focus," he reminded himself but the wide smile on his face is not wearing off.

.

10 days later...

Lan Xichen is laying his head on Jiang Cheng's lap while Jiang Cheng is caressing his hair.

"How's your clan?" Lan Xichen asked as he looks up at him.

"Normal as always, father keeps bothering me about the taking of his seat as the clan leader in the future," he sighed as he closes his eyes.

"Must be tough, " Lan Xichen answered and tittered.

"How about you?" Jiang Cheng asked curiously and looked at him.

"It was fine, but something is unusual these past few days. Wangji returns home early in the morning and disappears again before the sun can rise," he said and sighed, he's clueless on what's going on with Lan Zhan.

"Is there a problem with that?" Jiang Cheng looked at him, tilting his head.

"It's just that, I'm not used to him doing the same thing in the past few days, he's not even staying long and just disappears after getting food," Lan Xichen uttered.

"Your brother knows what he is doing, so don't trouble yourself too much," Jiang Cheng smiled and bent to peck on Lan Xichen's lips. They both tittered when Jiang Cheng pulled away.

They both rested for the whole night, after two or three hours, Lan Xichen's eyes suddenly went wide. Jiang Cheng looked at him worriedly, "What's the matter?" he asked him.

Lan Xichen heard Lan Zhan's thoughts. He can hear the wariness in him inside his head.

"A'cheng, I need to go. My brother needs my help." He sat up from his comforting rest.

"What happened?" Jiang Cheng asked worriedly as he looks at Lan Xichen.

"I don't know yet but I think I need to help him." He said and stood up. Jiang Cheng just watched him.

"You should get back now too, your clan might look for you." Lan Xichen leaned on Jiang Cheng and pecked on his lips. Jiang Cheng smiled at him but there's still worry in his eyes.

"Be careful." He said and caress Lan Xichen's cheeks.

"I will." He smiled and jump to a branch of a tree. He looked back and waved goodbye at Jiang Cheng, Jiang Cheng waved back.

Jiang Cheng sighed when Lan Xichen left, he's missing him again. But he shrugged it off, they'll see each other again next time.

He went out of that place and went back to his clan where his sister is waiting for him at the entrance.

"Where did you go?" she asked with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Just a walk somewhere," he lied and looked away.

Jiang Yanli clicked her tongue and turned, "Come, we'll be patrolling our territory today," she said and lead the way. Jiang Cheng sighed in relief, gladly his sister didn't bother to ask anymore.

He followed her sluggishly as they made their way to the forest where their portion of the land is located.

.

Their been walking for about two hours in the forest, Jiang Cheng yawned in boredom. "A'Jie, we've been walking for hours, can we have a rest?" he whined.

Jiang Yanli looked at him and sighed, "You're hopeless," she shook her head, "then, let's head to the beach, it's more relaxing resting there," she said and lead the way, Jiang Cheng tittered and followed her with excitement.

As they walk at the seashore, a man is walking opposite them.

"Jiang Cheng, look!" Jiang Yanli whispered to Jiang Cheng and held on to her sword. The man is limping in pain.

"Is that a vampire?" Jiang Cheng was alerted too, he never met any vampire yet except for Lan Xichen. He gripped on his sword as they slowly walked near the man.

They stopped in their tracks when the man suddenly collapsed.

"He collapsed." Jiang Yanli uttered and run to the fainted man.

"He's not a vampire A'jie." Jiang Cheng said. Looking at his features, he's not a vampire, since he knows what vampires look like because of Lan Xichen. The man looks is fatigue and pale.

"How did you know?" Jiang Yanli asked curiously.

Jiang Cheng gulped, he needs to find a reason why. Then he spotted a two fang bite mark on the man's neck.

"He was bitten by a vampire." he pointed at them, 'he must be bonded with a vampire, like me,' he said in his mind. The bite mark is so clear on the fair skin of the man.

Jiang Yanli clicked her tongue. "This is why vampires are of no use." She exclaimed with her brows met.

Jiang Cheng felt pain after hearing that from his sister, his lover is a vampire. Who would want others to talk about your lover like that in front of you? But since her sister doesn't know and must not know. He bit his lip to contain his anger.

"Help me out here, let's bring him back at Yunmeng." Jiang Yanli stood up.

Jiang Cheng heaved a sigh and picked Wei Ying. He followed Jiang Yanli as they started walking to the forest that their clan owns, passing by the village.

'who could this be?' he asked in his mind as he carries the man on his back.

-----