Chapter 6: With You is the Best

"Thank you for accompanying me, Master Lan." Jin Guangyao bid at Lan Xichen. He escorted him to his bed chambers after they got back from the village.

Lan Xichen just bowed at him as he turns his heel and about to go when Jin Guangyao called him again.

"Master, Lan!" He uttered.

Lan Xichen turns his head slightly to gesture that he's listening.

"Can you accompany me again tomorrow? I enjoyed this day and I want to spend more time with you tomorrow," He giggled and smiled widely.

Lan Xichen sighed again for the nth time this day.

'If I don't agree, he will just keep on bugging me,' then he sighed again, "Okay, master Jin. Rest well. The same time tomorrow," He said in his monotonous tone and turned his attention on his tracks.

Jin Guangyao giggled in succeeding in his intention. "Then see you tomorrow, master Lan. Have a nice night. hihi" He exclaimed happily.

Lan Xichen didn't bother to answer and continued on his tracks.

As he is already far from Jin Guangyao's room, he heaved a sigh of relief. He finally can relax.

"Is A'Cheng in the middle of the forest?" He asked himself. He's planning to go there again to rest. He feels so suffocated when he is with Jin Guangyao, he doesn't know why.

"I probably check, I feel so tired when I'm here." He said to himself and about to sprint.

But then Lan Zhan suddenly showed up, "Brother?" He spoke with his monotonous tone and a straight face.

Lan Xichen was startled and immediately stood straight. "Yes, Wangji?" He asked, with his slightly shaky voice. He is nearly found out.

"Uncle wants your presence at the hall," He said turning.

"Yes, I'll be right there," lan Xichen answered and walked beside Lan Zhan.

"By the way brother? Where are you planning to go?" Lan Zhan suddenly uttered.

Lan Xichen gulped, he thought his brother didn't notice that.

"I was exercising, my body was a bit tired from walking in the village," he said awkwardly. He knows his brother is smart but he's still hoping that he'll take his answer and never ask anymore.

"Mn," lan Zhan answered.

Lan Xichen sighed mentally in relief.

.

They arrived at the hall.

"I'll be on my way, brother." Lan Zhan bid and made his way to his bed chambers.

"Take care, Wangji," lan Xichen answered and opened the door of the hall.

He immediately spotted Lan Qiren on his seat. He is stroking his brushes on a clean paper.

"You have called me uncle?" He asked.

"Ah, yes. I heard that you accompanied clan leader Jin's brother?" He asked and put down the brush he was holding. he looked at Lan Xichen.

"Yes, Uncle." He answered.

"If he needs someone to accompany him, I'm giving you permission. Wangji can help me with your works." He said.

Lan Xichen suddenly regretted accepting Jin Guangyao's invite to accompany him in the first place. Now he's responsible for escorting him whenever he goes. He just feels so uneasy when he's with him.

"Yes, uncle," He answered but deep inside he's complaining.

"You may go," lan Qiren said and pick the brush again and started writing.

Lan Xichen went out and as he closes the door behind him, he sighed.

"Now I really need A'Cheng to make me feel better," He whispered.

He immediately sprints out of the Cloud Recesses.

.

He arrived at the usual place they are spending their time together. But no sign of Jiang Cheng.

He sighed again, "what a worse day," He mumbled and slump lazily on the short-grass bed.

"I thought he's here, that's why I came here," He said to himself as he stares at the moon that is constantly being covered with leaves of the tree as the wind blows.

"I'm here, though." he suddenly heard a voice. he immediately sat up. Seeing Jiang Cheng, his heart skipped a beat, his tiredness vanished all of a sudden.

Jiang Cheng came, twisting his wrist and massaging his arms.

"What happened to your arm?" Lan Xichen asked when Jiang Cheng is able to sit beside him.

"A'Jie made me carry bags full of her groceries." He scoffed.

"Is it too heavy?" Lan Xichen asked and grabbed his arm and massaged his wrist and forearm. Jiang Cheng suddenly felt a tingling sensation on Lan Xichen's touch, the electricity traveled on his body and send shivers in his spine. His brain sent adrenaline that made his heart skip a beat.

"Y-yeah," He stuttered. He suddenly felt his cheeks heat up.

"You should have rested once in a while," Lan Xichen clicked his tongue as he massages gently the parts where he felt pain.

Jiang Cheng looked away, ignoring the unexplained phenomenon inside his body.

"I was, but it's still heavy. I'm an omega lycan for Pete's sake!" He exclaimed.

Lan Xichen chuckled at him, "Then we're both tired then," He suddenly uttered.

Jiang Cheng looked at him with his brows met, "Why?" He asked with curiosity.

"I escorted a visitor and he's a bit pushy, I feel so tired after that long day of him dragging me along." He sighed. "There, is that better?" he asked as he finishes off massaging him.

"Yeah, that's better. Thank you," Jiang Chengs smiled wide.

Lan Xichen's heart suddenly skipped a beat again, his smile struck him straight to his heart.

Lan Xichen smiled, he's finally relieved after seeing Jiang Cheng's beautiful smile. He laid his body on the grass and rest his head on Jiang Cheng's lap.

"But, now I feel so relaxed and calmed." Lan Xichen uttered and closed his eyes.

He suddenly felt Jiang Cheng's touch on his hair. He is gently stroking his hair, which feels so relaxing in his feeling.

"Hm, Me too." Jiang Cheng answered and smiled as he stares at Lan Xichen's face. It was glistening on the ray of the moonlight that is hitting his face. "You're so handsome," he suddenly mumbled that he thought he said it in his mind. His eyes went wide at what he just blurted out. Praying Lan Xichen didn't hear what he said.

Lan Xichen opened his eyes, "Did you say something?" He asked. He just heard the part 'you' and didn't understand the rest.

Jiang Cheng was relieved that he didn't hear the whole thing, he shook his head and covered Lan Xichen's eyes.

"Are you getting old? Your hearing must be nearly damaged," He teased and while covering his eyes. He doesn't want him to see his lying face.

"I'm still young," lan Xichen laughed and held on to Jiang Cheng's hand that is covering his eyes to remove it.

Lan Xichen intertwined his hands with him as he removes his hand, "You stop calling me old just because I'm three years older than you," Lan Xichen laughed.

Jiang Cheng glared at him tried pulling his hand but Lan Xichen just held on to it tight. Then he stopped struggling. He let Xichen hold his hand.

The warmth of his hand that is clasp with him is so relaxing that he feels so comfortable.

Lan Xichen smiled when he noticed he's not struggling anymore. He closed his eyes, 'ah, so warm' he said in his mind as they stayed in that position for the whole night.