Chapter 28: Caught You

After the war, the clan stayed for a day at the Cloud Recesses, to honor Wei Ying's death.

As everyone is busy, Jiang Cheng took the opportunity to rest in Lan Xichen's room. He felt more comfortable there than in his designated room since Lan Xichen's scent is lingering inside his room.

"I'll be right back, I'll just check on Wangji." Lan Xichen stood from the bed and look down at Jiang Cheng.

"Hm," he nodded, his eyes are still closed.

"I'll lock the door if you need something just call my name." Lan Xichen reminded. He nodded again as an answer.

Lan Xichen shook his head and smiled, he leaned closer to him and kissed his forehead. Jiang Cheng just tittered.

Lan Xichen then moved away and went to the door. Before he can get out of the door he looked back at him again. Smiled upon seeing the comfortable sleeping posture of Jiang Cheng. Then he went out.

His eyes went wide when he saw Jin Guangyao standing in front of the door, he was shocked at his sudden appearance. Cold sweats run down his spine, 'could it be possible that he saw A'cheng?' he said in his mind.

Jin Guangyao is smiling widely at him. A smile that can not be read.

"Good day, Master Lan.," He greeted.

"Good day master Jin," He greeted back that he almost stuttered.

"What would you be doing today master Lan?" Jin Guangyao asked.

"Be managing, my brother's works and affairs, Master Jin," He answered. He can feel something suspicious about Jin Guangyao's aura but he can't figure it out. He shrugged, he's able to make sure his room is locked, so he doesn't need to worry.

"Is that so, Master Lan? So I can't hang out with you today then?" He uttered the sighed, "Can't be helped then, good luck on your works, Master Lan," he smiled again and turned.

"See you anywhere master Lan," he bid and started walking off.

Lan Xichen's brows met, "What's with him?" he asked himself. But he shrugged and went to do his duty.

.

Jin Guangyao arrived at the garden, he just needs Lan Xichen to be out of his room's range so he can sneak and look inside.

After a couple of minutes, he stood from his seat. He grinned, he can finally look at what he is hiding from his room. "Too secretive with me Master Lan? I won't allow that to get hold of you in falling for me," he mumbled.

He walked in front of his room. Before doing anything he looked around if there's any disciple lurking. He was relieved when there's no one around.

He tried sliding the door open but it was locked.

He clicked his tongue, and about to give up when he heard rustling sounds coming from inside. His brows furrowed, "Master Lan was out, who could that be?" he whispered to himself.

"hm, is he hiding a mistress?" he mumbled.

He traveled his eyes around to look for a way to sneak a peek inside his room. He needs to find out who it is, he gritted his teeth. If it's someone, he needs to get rid of who it was.

He walked around his room to find an open window. And he successfully found one.

As he travels his eyes inside the room, he spotted an unusual robe hanging on the wall, it was purple in color. It was as if he saw it somewhere. But as he travels his eyes around, he didn't saw any presence inside. But the purple robe is somewhat familiar, he tried finding more clues but there's nothing else except the robe.

He clicked his tongue and move away from the window. He never saw Lan Xichen wearing a purple robe before and the Lan clan wears a white robe.

He walked out of Lan Xichen's place, he's clueless as why does that purple robe is hanging in Lan Xichen's room, and on top of that, it was quite familiar. As he is walking near the hall, he saw Jiang Fengmian, he's wearing the same robe that he saw earlier. His brows met, 'if a lycan is wearing that same purple robe like that, it means Master Lan is keeping a lycan?' he thought.

He grinned when he finally concluded the pieces. "Oh, master Lan, you'll be mine in no time," he mumbled to himself as his devilish grin formed on his lips.

.

As Jiang Cheng was peacefully resting while his eyes close, he suddenly heard rustling from the outside, his sensitive hearing made him hear the slightest sound. He immediately stood up from the bed.

It was from the window, he immediately went to hide somewhere that someone can't see him.

He sighed when he's finally safe. He waited for minutes for that 'someone' to leave.

He sighed in relief again when he heard him move away.

"Xichen, Xichen," he whispered his name.

Lan Xichen then immediately heard his call, he rushed from where he is and went to his room.

"What's the matter?" Lan Xichen asked and approached Jiang Cheng when he found him slumped on the floor.

"S-someone came to sneak inside your room," Jiang Cheng stuttered. His heart is racing fast in nervousness.

"Who was it?" He asked worriedly.

"I don't know, I immediately hid myself. If I didn't he would have found out about us," he said and closed his eyes, he collapses his head on his chest, as he sighs in relief.

"Shh, it'll be fine. You did well," he said and rub his back as he reassures him.

"Yeah," he answered and hugged Lan Xichen tight, his warmth subsided his heart that is beating rapidly.

"Now, rest on the bed. You need not to be stressed about this matter. It's not good for the baby," He cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead. He carried him on his arms and laid him gently on the bed.

"I'm sorry for forgetting to lock the window as well," he whispered and caress his cheeks.

"It's okay, I'm fine," he answered and closed his eyes again.

Lan Xichen smiled and went to the open window that he left. He closed and lock it and sat beside Jiang Cheng.

"I'll be going ahead when you're asleep, I love you," He uttered.

"hmn," he answered and snuggled on Lan Xichen's leg.