Chapter 17: Meeting WeiYing

Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng arrived at Yunmeng. Their father was surprised at what they just found.

"What's that?" He exclaimed upon seeing it and approached them.

"A person, he was bitten by a vampire!" Jiang Yanli answered as Jiang Cheng laid him on a bed.

"What?!" Jiang Fengmian walked towards him and check on the man's body. Jiang Cheng stood aside as he watch them examine him.

Just then the man slowly opened his eyes.

"Get a towel, some change of clothes, and food!" Yu Ziyuan pops out of nowhere, banging the door open and disturbing the them. The three jump from surprise at her sudden appearance.

"Don't just stand there and get something to clean his wounds!" She exclaimed. Jiang Yanli immediately dashes to the kitchen.

"Are you okay? Does this hurt?" Yu Ziyuan approached the man and looked into his wounds.

"I-I'm fine." He answered in his weak voice as he looked around

"You got bitten by a vampire, is this why you're hurt?" She asked that made the man jolt. Jiang Cheng squinted his eyes, he can't be hurt with just a bond bite mark.

"N-no, T-the merfolks." He stuttered as they can see the building up of tears on his eyes.

"Merfolks you say?" Jiang Fengmian suddenly blurted out.

"News came to me a month ago by the mermaids. They said that the merfolks are planning to siege the Wei clan to get the pearl from them. They're going to use it to siege other clans in the land since they can't breathe that long outside the water." He continued.

The man's tears fell completely. Jiang Cheng doesn't know what happened but he can see the sadness behind those tears.

"Is that the pearl?" Jiang Fengmian asked, surprised. Jiang Cheng and Yu Ziyuan looked at the necklace around his neck. The man nodded slowly.

"I stole the pearl just before the war started, I came to land for my own selfishness but when I came back. Bodies of my fellow mermaids and mermen are scattered around the kingdom." He said between his sobs.

Jiang Fengmian was surprised at what he said. He always thought that the Wei clan's armies are the strongest of all, but it was just washed out by the merfolks?

"So Wei Changze is dead?" He said in his wide eyes. Still in shock of the information he's taking in.

The man nodded as he keeps on weeping. His lips are pale and his whole body is trembling.

Jiang Yanli came back with a wet towel and medicine, and a maid came following Yanli holding a tray of food.

"Let me see you wound." Yu Ziyuan held on the man's arm and pat the medicine on his shoulders, he winced in pain.

"Just endure it for a second." She said sternly and after finishing she stood up. "Just rest for the day, and we'll talk about the matter when you're already fine." She said and walked out of the door with both her hands on her back. Jiang Cheng watch her get out of the room then gaze back at the man.

"Please eat a lot to replenish your energy." Jiang Yanli put the food beside him.

The man's eyes puffy as he looks at her, he smiled faintly. "Thank you." He answered almost a whisper.

She smiled, "You're welcome. Please feel free to call us when you need help." She said and went out of the door.

Now only him, Jiang Cheng, and Jiang Fengmian are left in the room.

"I will look into it. You must be Wei Wuxian, his only son? Your father is a good friend of mine and I'm willing to help restore your kingdom. I'm Jiang Fengmian, the leader of the Jiang clan, this is my son Jiang Cheng." He pointed at Jiang Cheng who is across the room. Jiang Cheng bowed slightly at him.

"And the one who put medicine on you is Yu Ziyuan my wife, the head of the house, and Jiang Yanli, my daughter. We are lycans. " He continued.

"Please rest and we'll talk about that matter at the hall." He said to took his leave.

Now Jiang Cheng is alone with him.

"You have a vampire's bite mark on you." Jiang Cheng suddenly spoke. Wei Ying held his neck and caress the mark.

"Uhm" He can't utter a word from what Jiang Cheng said. His tears started to fall from his eyes again.

He immediately runs beside him, "Please don't cry. I'm marked by a vampire too." He whispered and thug his clothes down, showing a bite mark on his collarbone.

Wei Ying looked at him, puzzled.

"I know you're surprised that a lycan is bitten by a vampire." He chuckled and fidget with his hands.

"Is there a problem when vampires mark a lycan?" Wei Ying asked confused.

Jiang Cheng's eyes went wide, "Don't you know?" He asked.

"Know what?" Wei Ying asked, still confused.

"That lycans and vampires are sworn enemy since hundred years ago." He continued and smiled bitterly.

Wei Ying just kept listening to Jiang Cheng as he make a sad face.

"It's a long story." He chuckled and forced a smile.

"Then how did you get that?" Wei Ying asked with his curious tone and pointed to Jiang Cheng's bite marks.

"My lover is a vampire." He said with a smile on his face as he fidgets his fingers, remembering Lan Xichen's face in his mind.

"Vampires mark their lovers with their fangs. They leave some of their blood on you and drink some of you, too." He explained and looked out the window.

The sun is rising already, Wei Ying looked outside too. He watches as the sunrise, lighting the surroundings.

"He must have loved you that's why you have that mark." Jiang Cheng stood up and looked at Wei Ying again and gave him a smile. Then he turned his back on him.

Wei Ying kept quiet for a second and caress the bite marks, feeling it between his fingers. "Isn't it because they just want to drink your blood?" he snapped.

He stopped on his tracks. "I don't think so, vampires are practicing non-blood food since long ago. But if that's the case, they don't leave a mark on their prey, they use a particular substance from their saliva that will let the mark fade away in a second. They do that to prevent anyone from finding out who killed the victim." he explained and looked back.

"Did your lover told you that?" Wei Ying asked.

"Some of it, but some of it I read it on books." He smiled once again and started walking to the door.

But before he goes out, he looked back again. "He must really truly love you, he left hickeys on your back, too" He chuckled and went out of the room. He shook his head as he close the door behind him. 'I'm glad there's someone I can share with my secrets, I'm so tired from keeping it to myself,' he sighed then smiled. He stretched his arms above his head then galloped to his room. It made him at ease that he have someone that he can rely on when it comes to 'that'.

-----

This is a recap of the Chapter 8 in the Unending (WangXian FF), 😊 I hope you enjoy reading! ❤