Chapter 18: I Can't Wait

The hall of the lycans are full of chitters and chatters. Jiang Cheng is seated on the left of Jiang Fengmian while Yu Ziyuan is on his right.

"How can we defeat the merfolks if the clan that has the strongest army are killed by them?" One of the elders spoke. Everyone averted their attention to the one who spoke.

The matter about planning a siege against the merfolks is brought up. Jiang Fengmian is decided to take any action in honor of his late trusted friend's death. Jiang Cheng is there as well, he is obligated to attend the assembly.

"The Phoenix already got the news about the death of the Wei clan, they were originally going to be reinforcing for the Wei clan but some circumstances occurred and they were not able to help." The other elder spoke.

Jiang Cheng looked at his father, Jiang Fengmian rested his chin on his fingers. Listening carefully and thinking of away at the same time.

"But even the Phoenix and we join forces we're not enough to defeat them." Yu Ziyuan added.

Jiang Fengmian sighed.

"How about the Feline tribe? We can ask for help from them." An officer spoke.

"But they are still not enough." Another officer replied.

Jiang Fengmian sighed again. They are right, even the phoenix and feline tribe are not enough to support the siege. The only resort is the vampire clan. Vampires have their own individual unique ability, they are also fast. It's a great advantage when they are around in wars.

"Leader Jiang, what should we do?" An elder snapped at him.

"A-ah yes!" He answered. He was too deep in thought that he didn't realize that they still have a meeting. He needs to think about it seriously, vampires and lycans don't get along well for thousand of years already. And it would be a big ruckus to the lycans if he brings up that idea.

"Why not we ask for the vampire's help." Jiang Cheng suddenly uttered that made everyone in the room avert their attention at him. The room became silent. Jiang Fengmian was surprised at the sudden utterance of Jiang Cheng. It's like Jiang Cheng heard his thoughts.

"But they are our enemies!" An officer exclaimed.

Jiang Fengmian sighed. "Then can you suggest a solution?" Jiang Fengmian retorted.

The officer went silent. He can't suggest anything.

"I know vampires are our enemies. But I'm willing to set aside that for the peacefulness of our region. We do not know when will the merfolks attack and we need to act fast before they do such." Jiang Fengmian is now certain. They just need to call for a ceasefire in the meantime and have an agreement with the vampire clan.

'seems like I'll be seeing Xichen soon,' Jiang Cheng thought as he grins while he listens.

"Do you think they will accept it?" Yu Ziyuan leaned and whispered to Jiang Fengmian's ear.

"We won't know unless we try." Jiang Fengmian answered. "But I hope they will." He continued.

Jiang Cheng smiled from ear to ear, his inner self is jumping in joy as the final decision is delivered.

.

As the meeting is finished, In the corner of the hall, Jiang Cheng is celebrating internally. Finally, he will be able to see Lan Xichen outdoors without hiding from their clan.

"Lan Huan, I will be able to see you. Just wait for the letter that will be given from my clan." He whispered as Lan Xichen's face is running in his mind. 'I hope you are hearing my heartbeat,' he tittered, his heart is racing fast whenever he thinks of Lan Xichen.

At the Cloud recesses, Lan Xichen is in the middle of meditating when he heard Jiang Cheng's calls. He grinned after hearing the news. He can't wait to see him too. His meditating is ruined but the bliss he's feeling is on its highest level that he cannot go back from his meditation. "I'll see you soon in the open, A'Cheng," he whispered to himself.

.

After calming himself in his rejoicing, he went to where Wei Ying's room is.

"Wei Ying?" Jiang Cheng called as he opens the door. He is happy and excited to tell Wei Ying the good news.

"Come in." Wei Ying spoke, then he immediately went inside.

Jiang Cheng's grin is so wide that his mouth is almost going to rip.

"We'll be going to the Cloud Recesses to discuss matters with the vampires." He giggled and sat beside Wei Ying. "But if they accept the letter." He sighed. But he's too enthusiastic to be negative at that moment.

"I see." Wei Ying answered. Jiang looked at him, there's sadness in his voice. His smile faded away as he looks at him.

Jiang Cheng's brows met, "Aren't you happy?" He asked with concern.

"I don't know. It's like, I want to see him but I don't." He cupped his face and sighed again.

"I don't know how to face him." He continued and closed his eyes.

Jiang Cheng patted his back with sympathy. "I'm sure he wanted to see you." He smiled, comforting him.

Wei Ying looked at him. Tears are building in his eyes.

"Nevertheless, his blood is running in you and yours are running in him." He gave him a reassuring smile.

Wei Ying nodded slowly.

Jiang Cheng stood up, "Then let's head out? The sun is bright and it's good timing to leisure around." He said and gave the change of clothes to Wei Ying.

Wei Ying accepted. "Thank you." He uttered and wiped his tears.

"The letter is being sent to the vampire clan already so all we need is to wait for their response, if accepted then we'll be going to Gusu to discuss the matters." He said and walked to the door as he smiles widely.

But before he goes out he looked back at Wei Ying. "Change to that and let's have a walk outside." He smiled and went out of the room.

He tittered, the idea of seeing Lan Xichen out in the open without the problem of getting caught is making him enjoy the brightness of the sun.

-----

Another recap on chapter 9 of Unending (WangXian FF), happy reading! 😁