Chapter 25: Offspring

Days pass, the same scenario occurs.

Jin Guangyao is pestering Lan Xichen when the sun is up and Lan Xichen is either ignoring him or finding a way to escape from his grasp.

And when the moon is up, Jiang Cheng is his resort. Complaining and ranting his day to him. Jiang Cheng welcomes him with open arms and calms him with his warmth. There's no night that they don't spend feeling the warmth and comfort of each other.

But one thing changes every morning that Jiang Cheng wakes up. Nausea is hunting him and frequent dizziness occurs whenever he stood up. Clueless on what it was, he ignored. Reasoning out that it's just, he's not accustomed to living in Cloud Recesses. But each day, it worsens.

Three weeks later, the meeting concluded.

Their attack is planned. They'll be striking where the merfolks are clueless,

After the meeting, everyone in the hall bowed at each other as they leave the place to have some rest.

"A'Cheng where have you been going? You seldom attend the meetings." Jiang Yanli asked Jiang Cheng upon stepping out of the hall.

Jiang Cheng scratched his nape and chuckled awkwardly. "Not really feeling well these days A'jie." He half-lied.

It's true that he is not feeling well but the real reason is, he is spending most of his time with Lan Xichen.

"Are you sick?" His sister asked as she examines his face.

"A bit, hehe," he said almost stuttering. If they get found out, it will be over.

"You should have said so, we could've let you stay at Yunmeng." She said worriedly and put her hand on his forehead, trying to feel his temperature.

"You don't have a cold, what could have been the problem?" She asked and tilted her head. She removed her hand from his forehead and looked at his face to find out what's going on with him.

"I'm fine now A'jie." He denies as he moves away from her grasp.

Well, it's true that he's been feeling sick lately and it's unusual for him to be that way. Now he feels like throwing up and everything is spinning. He became flustered. 'oh no' he thought. Every morning, he feels nauseous, his world is seldom spinning, and now he's throwing up.

He immediately moved away from his sister and cupped his mouth.

"I'll be going somewhere A'jie." He waved goodbye as he runs away from her before she can speak. 'It can't be' he said in his mind. His heart is beating fast. 'Could this be?' he asked himself again as he dashes to find Lan Xichen to confirm. He doesn't know what kind of reaction will he make. If he should be happy cause they're having an offspring or should be frightened cause the feud between Lycan and vampires is not yet solved.

.

"What's up with him?" Jiang Yanli asked herself with her brows furrowed.

Just then Wei Ying pops out of nowhere. He overheard her mumbling, as a friend to Jiang Cheng, he needs to cover up for him. He already had an idea of what is happening to him, since they share the same secret.

"He's fine shijie, don't worry about him too much. He's a grown man now." Wei Ying reassured as he smiles at her. He's trying to convince her, so she won't suspect the relationship between the two. Wei Ying knows something's going on with Jiang Cheng after seeing him all pale and trembling.

"You're right." She shrugged away the worriedness in her mind and turn his attention to Wei Ying, "By the way, you rest well too, you'll be doing a lot of work tonight." She patted his head.

He smiled and chuckled, "I will shijie, I'll just walk around for a bit." He said, with a hint of sadness between his words.

"Then, be careful," She reminded. 'He too, he seems strange lately,' she thought. She paused for a moment but then she sighed and shrugged the thoughts that are bugging her. She stretched her arm above her head and went on her way.

.

Jiang Cheng immediately went to Lan Xichen's room. Finding somewhere to throw up, then he burst. His legs weaken as his head is spinning after releasing what he's keeping in his stomach.

He slumped on the floor and leaned on the post of the room so he can regain his energy. He slowly closed his eyes as he pants heavily.

Just then, Lan Xichen arrived. When he laid his eyes on the room, he immediately came to Jiang Cheng. He hugged him worriedly. "What happened here?" He asked.

"Th-throw up," he said with his weak voice.

"Are you sick?" Lan Xichen asked as he brushes away the hair that's covering his face.

"N-no," he answered and closed his eyes, the warmness of Lan Xichen is making him calm.

"Then why?" Lan Xichen asked worriedly as he looks at him intently. The paleness of Jiang Cheng is making him worry so much.

"I think I'm pregnant," he answered with his faint voice, snuggling even closer to Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen's eyes went wide upon hearing the word that makes every father happy, "Pregnant? You're pregnant?!" he exclaimed happily. He lifts Jiang Cheng up and carried him to his bed. Laying him gently.

He sat beside him and held his hand tightly. "Is that why you always stagger when you're trying to stand?" He asked.

"I somewhat feel nauseous every morning too," he answered.

"You didn't tell me, I should have made you feel better at least," Lan Xichen uttered.

"I'm okay, I'm satisfied with you by my side," He said and pulled Lan Xichen, making him lay on the bed as well. His hands were fast, he immediately hugged him and snuggled closely to Lan Xichen's broad chest.

"So, I'm going to be a father?" Lan Xichen uttered with a bright smile on his lips.

"Mn," Jiang Cheng muffled and sniff on Lan Xichen's chest as if his sickness immediately vanished.

"I'm going to be a father," he repeated with so much bliss in his voice as caress Jiang Cheng's hair.