Chapter 4: Walk on the Village

"Master Lan~" Jin Guangyao called out from outside his room. He went asking the disciples his room so he was able to find it.

lan Xichen stopped what he was doing and looked in his direction.

"Yes, master Jin. How are you able to find my room?" He asked curiously and put down the brush.

"Oh that, just a hunch,'' He tittered and smiled widely.

"Is that so? Then why did you personally came here for?" He asked and stood from his squatting and walked out of his room to talk to him properly.

He closed the door behind him and looked at Jin Guangyao.

Guangyao tilted his head, "Aren't you going to let me in?" He asked curiously.

"I apologize for my rudeness Master Jin but my room is not suited for visitors." He bowed as an apology.

"It's fine, treat me as a friend," He said cheerfully, persisting to enter his room.

"Let's talk somewhere else Master Jin," He said and walked ahead.

"Oh, okay~" He faked a smile, 'why does he doesn't want me to look at his room?' He asked to himself, sulking internally. Then he beamed, 'or he doesn't want me to go inside because he might lose himself and attack me? I want to be attacked by him though. Either way, that's a sweet part of him that he doesn't want to do bad things to me just to protect me,' he said in his mind, he giggled at his own delusions and galloped to Lan Xichen's side.

"Where are we heading?" He asked happily at him.

"To the garden," Lan Xichen answered.

"Okiiiie~" he giggled.

Just when they were heading to the garden, they passed Lan Zhan who was walking the opposite of them.

"Wangji, did uncle said something that we'll work into today?" He asked Lan Zhan, he's trying to find an escape from Jin Guangyao's clinging. It was making him uncomfortable since yesterday.

'please, say he said something, please,' He prayed in his mind. 'Wangji, you better help your brother out here,' he cried internally.

"No, brother. Why?" He said with his indifferent tone that made his mind wail in sadness. He thought he's able to avoid Jin Guangyao but it was a fail.

He sighed silently, "thank you, Wangji." He answered as he faked a smile.

"I'll be taking my leave brother. please take care." He bowed and walked on his way to where he is heading.

"Your brother the opposite of you, He's the silent type, is he?" Jin Guangyao asked and looked at him.

"A-ah Yes, It seems so'" He answered awkwardly and started walking again.

.

"What do you want to tell me, master Jin?" He asked as they arrived at the garden.

"Oh, about that. I asked you this morning if you can accompany me at the village," He giggled and pick a small flower. He put it behind his ear and smiled. "Do I look great with this?" He asked Lan Xichen, waiting for praise from him.

Lan Xichen looked at him unaffected. Then the image of Jiang Cheng with a flower behind his ear appeared on his vision.

'Jiang Cheng looks way more beautiful with flowers behind his ear, it's not like he's not beautiful without one but he's a lot more beautiful with it.' He said in his mind and a small curve on the side of his lips formed.

Jin Guangyao giggled that snapped Lan Xichen in reality.

'Did he like it that much? But he didn't answer my question, though. Or maybe he's just shy to admit his feelings?' He said in his mind as he smiled at Lan Xichen.

"What do you say, Master Lan? Let's go to the village?" He tittered and eye-smiled.

"Okay," Lan Xichen answered and looked away.

.

Lan Xichen had no choice but to accept his request. Jin Guangyao asked permission to Jin Zixuan and Lan Qiren to have a stroll with Lan Xichen. "It's not like we are doing something seriously right now," is what their answer to him and let them have their detour.

"Where do you suggest to go first, Master Lan?" He asked as they walk at the village with just a few people around.

"Whatever we pass by, Master Jin. But there's not much establishment open at this time of day." He said as they keep walking.

Jin Guangyao tilted his head, "Why is that?" He asked.

"Most creatures are night dwellers, like us vampires." He answered. he never looked at him, thus, he looked straight at the road.

"Oh, I see." Jin Guangyao nodded as he looked at his way as well.

"Right, you're a day dweller so you won't understand." Lan Xichen said.

"Yeah, but I can be a night dweller jus for you," he whispered the other parts of his sentence. But it didn't bother to lan Xichen what he murmurs about, cause he doesn't even care. All he is thinking about at the moment is Jiang Cheng. If there will be a time that he can walk freely with him in the village without any problems that can occur.

He sighed that draw Jin Guangyao's attention. "Are you tired?" He asked.

Lan Xichen looked at him surprised, he forgot to hide his sighing.

"N-not really," He answered and looked at his way again.

"Is that so, then can we go at that tea house, my treat!" he giggled and pointed at a place and jogged ahead of him.

Lan Xichen was about to refuse but Jin Guangyao already entered the tea house.

He sighed, he guesses he has no choice but accepts the offer.

He put both his hands on his back and entered the tea house.

As he enters, Jin Guangyao is already seated at a table with two floor seat opposite at each other.

Jin Guangyao waved his hands as a 'come here' gesture.

He sighed once again and walked to where Jin Guangyao was seated. He seated apposite him silently.

"Ordered whatever you want, it's my treat." He giggled the smiled widely showing his dimple.

"Thank you," Lan Xichen answered, but he quite did not have the appetite and just ordered tea.

-----