Chapter 23: Risky

The sun has completely risen. Both of them sluggishly stood up from the bed. As long as they want to stay together cuddling all day, they can't afford to be caught.

Lan Xichen picks Jiang Cheng's clothes and handed it to him. Jiang Cheng was naked from last night until now that they decided to rise from lazing.

He immediately slips on his clothes. After this, he faced Lan Xichen. Lan Xichen looked at him with a loving smile, Jiang Cheng tittered and as he admires Lan Chen's charms.

"I'll bring you to your room," Lan Xichen said as he stole a peck on his lips after they are done preparing. "It's better this way so no one will notice," he said.

"mn," Jiang Cheng nodded happily. Lan Xichen tittered at his reaction.

But then, Jiang Cheng gasped in surprise when Lan Xichen suddenly swoops him up on his arm.

He chuckled at his surprised face. "I'm sorry, did I startle you?" he asked.

"Not quite," Jiang Cheng tittered.

"Now then, let's head to your room," he said and in just a second they arrived inside.

Jiang Cheng surprised it, it was like by just blinking in a second they already arrived.

"That was fun!" Jiang Cheng exclaimed. He didn't even felt the wind pass by them.

Just then they heard noises just outside the designated room for Jiang Cheng.

"Can I invite you for a breakfast together?" a man said, talking and following another man.

"If you don't want, how about lunch?" the man spoke again.

"What's that? A fight early in the morning," Jiang Cheng asked curiously and squirm down from lan Xichen's arm. Lan Xichen got quite become curious too and followed Jiang Cheng as they slightly open the door to look at who it was.

"Is that, Wangji?" Lan Xichen asked when he the face of the man who is talking earlier.

"Oh, is that your brother? Quite a pursuer huh," Jiang Cheng remarked.

"He's not talkative as that though," Lan Xichen answered s they both keep watching at the lover's quarrel of the two.

Wei Ying halts from his run-walk pace. "Can you not talk to me?" He looked down while his fist is balled into a fist.

Lan Zhan stared at him. "Why?" He asked with worriedness in his tone.

"No reason. I just don't want to see your face." Wei Ying uttered.

"Oh, I thought he loves him, why is he pushing him away?" Jiang Cheng's brows met. "How'd you know?" Lan Xichen asked and looked at him curiously.

"He told me everything, but besides that, can't you see how they behave?" Jiang Cheng chuckled. "Your brother marked him already," He continued.

"What? I thought my brother will remain untouched until his end but looking at him, I'm happy that he found his other half." Lan Xichen smiled as he thinks of Lan Zhan's smiles when he's with Wei Wuxian. Lan Zhan never smiled after their parents died.

"But I do want to see your face!" Lan Zhan said as he stood in front of Wei Ying, looking at him.

"Just like his brother, so passionate in loving," Jiang Cheng teased and smiled sheepishly. "Who else do you think will he get that from?" Lan Xichen answered with full of pride.

"Whatever," Jiang Cheng tittered and laid his eyes at them again.

"DON'T MAKE IT HARD FOR ME! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Wei Ying exclaimed, his voice almost cracking.

The two were startled at his sudden rage. "I hope they'll make up soon," Jiang Cheng said and sighed. They both stopped and closed the door behind them.

"I hope so too," Lan Xichen answered.

"I'll be heading out now then," Lan Xichen said and hugged him on the waist as he encircles his arms on his nape admiring the handsomeness of his lover.

"Hm, be careful with that witch," Jiang Cheng said and chuckled at his remark. Lan Xichen stared at his eyes, then smiled as he appreciates his beauty.

"I will see you tonight." He said and planted a peck on his lips before he let go.

"See you," Jiang Cheng said, then Lan Xichen vanishes in just a second.

He stretches his arms above his head and smiled to himself. He felt refresh after doing 'that' last night.

"Might as well go around, seems that Wei Ying and Lan Xichen's brother is not outside already," he said and slightly opened the door to peek if they are still outside. He sighed in relief, he doesn't want to be caught eavesdropping on them.

He happily steps outside, but the door beside his room suddenly opened. He jolted in surprise. Jiang Yanli suddenly showed up with her hair down, it doesn't have any braid that it use to be.

"G-good morning A'Jie," he stuttered, his heart is beating fast. He's hoping that his sister won't ask any questions.

"Good morning A'Cheng, when did you arrive?" She asked, curiously and worriedly.

Sweats suddenly run down his back, 'did she know anything?' he asked in his mind.

"A-Ah" he can't answer, his tongue is tied. He's afraid that his sister might know something.

"Or I should be asking, what were you doing outside late at night? After the meeting, I looked for you in your room but you were not there," she said continuously.

"I-I was walking around since this place is fascinating," He lied.

She sighed, "Well, next time, don't stay out too late," she said and turned her back at him.

Jiang Cheng sighed in relief, 'at least she bought it,' he said in his mind.

"You're going to the dining hall?" He said and followed her.

"Yes, come on let's have breakfast there," She said and stopped for a moment to wait for him.

"Okay~" He answered with full of energy as he gallops on following her.

"By the way, have you seen Wei Ying?" She asked and looked at him with her brows met.

"A while ago but now I don't know where," he shrugged and walked beside her.

"I hope he found his way there," she said and started walking again.