Chapter 11: Trespass at Yunmeng

The next day...

Lan Xichen stayed in his room, frustrated, and lost in thought. It's been days that Jiang Cheng is not showing up in their usual place and it's making his heart lonely and in pain.

He's been holding his brush the whole time but he can't even leave a dot on the paper that is in front of him. He sighed for the hundredth time. His mind is wandering, thinking of how can he see Jiang Cheng. His motivation had drained off and he can't concentrate on any work his uncle is giving him.

"What should I do?" he mumbled to himself, far in his thoughts. He doesn't have any communication with Jiang Cheng if he gives a letter the lycans will find out. His telepathy is a one-way communication only, he can only receive the message if someone calls for his name but he can't send a message.

He sighed again, there's only one way to meet Jiang Cheng. He will use his speed as a vampire to pass through Yunmeng without anyone noticing. But he needs to be careful, Lycans have a strong sense of smell and it would be bad if he's sniffed out. Then he remembered, he has one of Jiang Cheng's ribbon that he used to tie in his hair, if he has that, he can overwrite his vampire smell. He grinned in his plan. "Now I just need someone to cover up my work here," he talked to himself. If it's the only way to talk to Jiang Cheng, he's willing to sacrifice his safety. He'll confess his feelings for him or he might regret it for his whole life. At least he made it clear with him and he's ready to accept what might happen next. 'If he rejected me and end up not seeing me anymore, it will be okay, at least I conveyed what my heart is telling me,' he thought.

Just then, someone knocked on the door.

"Brother," It was Lan Zhan.

He grinned, 'great timing Wangji,'

He immediately stood from his seat and opened the door for Lan Zhan.

"What is it, Wangji?" He asked.

"The Jin clan said, Jin Guangyao will be visiting the Cloud Recesses, alone," he said in his monotonous tone.

He facepalmed, just when he is planning to go to Yunmeng to see Jiang Cheng another problem is coming up.

"Wangji!" Lan Xichen grabbed Lan Zhan on his shoulder. "I need your help," He said desperately.

Lan Zhan looked at him straight in the eyes, he saw what his brother is scheming but he didn't say anything but listened to him.

Lan Xichen pulled him inside his room and closed the door behind him. He needs to be careful in his surrounding since it's about the lycan.

"I'm going to the Yunmeng," he started.

Lan Zhan is not a bit surprised, he'd already figured it out since he read what his brother is planning earlier.

"I need you to cover up for me, just this once, please." he pleaded.

Lan Zhan did not hesitate, he's been covering up for him since the time he found out that his brother is always sneaking out to go somewhere.

"Mn," Lan Zhan simply answered. Lan Xichen is surprised that he didn't even ask why is he asking for his help.

"Really?!" He exclaimed.

"Mn, So hurry up before Master Guangyao arrives." He said. Lan Xichen smiled, Lan Zhan had saved him again.

"Thank you, Wangji. I owe you again, I'll be going now," he grabbed Jiang Cheng's hair ribbon and dashed out of his room and left Lan Zhan there.

.

He first stopped in the middle of the forest, he tied the ribbon on his wrist, and proceed with his plan.

In his inhuman speed, he ran to the lycans territory. Their territory is full of lycans roaming around, unlike in Gusu, vampires only patrol every hour.