Chapter 9: Lunch

"Goodbye Master Lan," Jin Guangyao bid goodbye at him as the Jin Clan march out of the Cloud Recesses. Lan Xichen was the one who sent them off since Lan Zhan and Lan Qiren is busy, and Lan Xichen's work is to guide the visitors until they are sent off.

"I'll visit you later," he added and smiled sheepishly at him. Lan Xichen just nodded politely.

He sighed in relief when the clan was out of his sight. He turned to the entrance and entered the Cloud Recesses, "Now, I'll just need to do a few things and I can see A'Cheng," he tittered.

As he returned inside, he immediately does his works to be able to finish early. His heart is pounding with excitement as he smiles from ear to ear.

"What makes you so excited about working, brother?" Lan Zhan suddenly popped out of nowhere that made Lan Xichen jump in surprise.

He looked at him with his startled face and when he realized it was Lan Zhan he immediately composed himself.

He cleared his throat and smiled at him, "It's nothing, Wangji. It's just, it's better to finish work early. hehe," He answered. 'Is it too obvious?' He asked in his mind. He didn't look at Lan Zhan's eyes while talking to him, because if he does, Lan Zhan will just read what's written in his mind.

"Mn, I guess so," he answered. "Then, I'll be heading to my room then," Lan Zhan said.

Lan Xichen smiled and nodded as Lan Zhan passes by him. He sighed in relief, he's relieved that Lan Zhan is not a talkative type and does not ask too much question.

"Better finish this and go," he said to himself as he continued his work.

.

"ah! Finally done," he heaved a heavy sigh of relief. He looked around and the disciples are able to finish it before lunchtime. He smiled wide, 'I finally can get to see Jiang Cheng,' he said in his mind with triumph.

"Brother," Lan Zhan suddenly pops out of nowhere again.

Lan Xichen looked at him nervously. Just when he was about to go, he pops out of nowhere.

"If you're going somewhere, you can go," Lan Zhan that made him startled, 'did he just read my mind? but I'm not looking at his eyes, though,' he thought.

"I-I was just---" he said with his a bit trembling voice but Lan Zhan cut him off.

"I know you have somewhere to go, pack a lunch and I'll cover up for you to uncle," he said directly.

Lan Xichen was shocked at what he said, 'how did he know?' he asked in his mind.

"a-Uhm," Lan Xichen was speechless. He didn't expect his brother would say it. He gulped.

"You always prepare lunch when you're going somewhere in the middle of the day right, you should go before uncle calls for you," He said and turned around.

Lan Xichen smiled, 'you seen right through me, Wangji,' he said in his mind.

"Yeah, Thank you Wangji." He said to his brother.

"Mn," Lan Zhan answered.

.

Lan Xichen arrived at their usual spot, as expected Jiang Cheng was there already.

The same as Lan Xichen, he is excited to see him so he came early and without eating his lunch.

"Were you waiting long?" Lan Xichen asked Jiang Cheng looked up at him.

"Yeah, I guess," he answered and tittered.

"So, I guess you have not eaten your lunch yet?" Lan Xichen shook his head and chuckled.

"You can say that, haha," Jiang Cheng said and chuckled.

"Then, it's a good thing I brought lunch, I figured that much," he tittered and put down the basket of food.

"You should have not bothered, but I guess it's a good thing. I'm quite hungry myself." Jiang Cheng said and peeked on the basket. "Wow! This looks delicious, did you make it?" He complimented as his eyes sparkled at what he is looking at.

Lan Xichen chuckled, "Uh, yeah." he answered, stunned at the cute expression Jiang Cheng is showing. His beauty is more radiating than the light of the sun.

"Can we eat now?" Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Xichen, he immediately snapped out of daydreaming and smiled at him.

"Sure, dig in!" he cheered and put out the food inside. Jiang Cheng's eyes sparkled, his mouth watered just by looking at the food. Lan Xichen chuckled at him, he grabbed a spoon and gave it to him. "That's all yours, so eat as much as you want," he said.

Jiang Cheng immediately grabbed the spoon from him and help himself.

As Jiang Cheng muffles his mouth is food, Lan Xichen watches him.

He smiled as he stares at the puffed cheeks he has while eating. His heart is pounding hard without realizing it. 'If this face is what I'm going to see every day in the future, I don't mind feeding him much,' that thought suddenly popped out of his head. His cheeks flushed after realizing what he is thinking, he immediately looked away.

Jiang Cheng tilted his head, "Ish shomching wyong? (is something wrong?" he asked curiously.

"N-nothing," he stuttered not meeting his eyes.

Jiang Cheng is curious why he's acting that way, but the food is too appealing to care, so he brought his attention back to the food.

Lan Xichen came back to watching him, he smiled again. The puffiness of his cheeks and the little bit messy of him while eating is making his heart flutter.

Then something caught his attention, Jiang Cheng was too careless that bits of food is getting stuck beside his lips. He chuckled, "You're so clumsy," he said and brought his thumb to his face and wiped the bit of food from the corner of his mouth.

He licked his thumb clean and smiled, "That's better" he said. Jiang Cheng was caught off guard at what he did. His cheeks flushed red, his heart pounded hard and his mind is getting blank. he immediately looked away, he didn't expect Lan Xichen to eat the bits of food from beside his lips.

"Th-thank you," he stammered and slowly put food on his mouth, now it's too awkward. Now that Lan Xichen did that, he's fully aware of him already.

Lan Xichen chuckled, the flustered face of him is making him so adorable in his eyes.

"I like you," a word suddenly slipped out of his mouth. Then it hit him, he realized he'd said something that he shouldn't have. He cupped his mouth immediately.

"Did you say something?" Jiang Cheng asked he didn't hear what he said because he's too focused on the food he's eating.

Lan Xichen shook his head, 'gladly he didn't hear' he sighed in relief.