53.

- Vanessa Valor -- Los Angeles, California -

- Vanessa Valor -
- Los Angeles, California -

i slowly opened my eyes as i started to wake up. last thing i remember was being brought to the hospital so i'm guessing that's where i am.. i can only see the monitor lights because the lights off in the room.

i groaned lightly as i stretched out but quickly pulled back when i felt my hand hit something making me jump up. 

roddy sat on a chair next to the bed as we stared back at eachother. not knowing what to say.

"don't" he said before i could speak. he grabbed my hand staring down at the engagement ring he gave me. "i'm sorry, Vanessa. i should've never let you go by yourself" he sighed looking back up at me. "it's my fault. it ain't yours"

"what?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "it's not your fault, roddy" i said turning to him but wincing a little since the stitches were hurting.

"you can say that as much as you want, Vanessa. but i won't listen" he shook his head lifting my hand kissing over the ring. "i promised i'd always keep you safe and look what happened.."

"hey" i lifted his chin. "i'm here and that's all that matters" i wiped the tear that fell from his eye as he stared up at me.

roddy barely cries.. so if he does, you know he's been holding it in for awhile or it's something really upsetting to him.

"Vanessa your blood levels were so low" he sighed. "you lost so much blood that you almost died. i had to donate mine" i furrowed my eyebrows.

i looked down at his arm seeing where they had taken the blood from making me sigh and look back at him.

"why would you do that" i frowned. "what if it hurts you"

"it won't. and why wouldn't i?" he stood up.

"roddy if i didn't make it i wouldn't want you to hurt yourself when we have 2 kids that need us" i sighed.

"you think i would've done this without you?" he furrowed his eyebrows. "baby i'd die before i let you go" he lifted my chin. "you, kenny, and Aaliyah. y'all are my reasons to live and die. you think i'd just let you slip out of my life before i even got to say goodbye?"