CHAPTER 1

10:30 AM, St. Xavier's College of Technology and Management

Orientation Day 5th Semester (3rd year BCA) :-

*A/N :- bracketed words are dialogues in English.*

Writer's POV :-

"I hope this year will also be as fruitful as the last two years. Since this is your last year I would like to wish you all the very best for your upcoming events...." Standing on a wooden podium, the principal addressed the students of the BCA department on the first day of their 5th semester, final year.

"Bas yar bas, ab aur nahi jhela jata mere se iss buddhe ko, shukar hai ye hamara last year hai warna iski kundli me mere hathon se khoon likha jana tha pakka....(Enough man... enough, now I can't tolerate this oldie and his speeches anymore. Thank God this is our final year, else, his murder by me, must have got written in his horoscope and destiny, for sure)." Diksha whined standing in the last row of the auditorium without paying any attention to the principal's ongoing lecture.

"Chup Kar wo principal k chamche ne sun liya na to aaj yellow card dilwa ke hi manega waise bhi pichhle semester se pichche pada hua hai humare…(Shut up! If that minion of principal got to hear these words, he would definitely get us a yellow card. He's already after us since the previous semester)." Sejal, Diksha's best friend, scolded her for behaving like a grumpy kid.

"Tu na darti reh bas Kabhi principal se kbhi Uske chamche se (You keep on getting scared every time. Sometimes by the principal and sometimes by his minions. You scaredy cat!)" Diksha told her, giving her the murderous glare.

"Shukar Kar main darti hoon to Tu bachi hui hai warna abhi tak to tujhe yellow, red sare cards mil jate aur tere sath sath mera bhi kalyan ho jata (Be thankful, I'm scared that's why you're spared, otherwise I too would have got red-yellow all the cards along with you)." Sejal whispered slowly, gritting her teeth, trying not to get caught by the administration.

"With these best wishes I end my speech here. Have a great day students." Principal ended his speech, politely wishing everyone to have a good day.

"Thank you Father." The students shouted in chorus; the auditorium echoed with their rhymed voices.

The principal came down off the podium and nodded his head in response to their greetings and headed straight to his office.

"Ahh jaan chhuti....agar ye ek aur minute bolta to main yahi gir jati behosh hokar... (ahh, thank goodness the speech is over, if he would have continued it any longer, even for a single minute, I would definitely have gotten unconscious by now)." Diksha exclaimed tiredly as she slumped her tensed shoulder blades.

"Tujhe pata hai tu ek number ki nautanki hai....dramebaaz....chal abhi warna phir se Jha Sir ki class me late pahunchenge aur phir wo apne buddhe beete zamane ki duhai denge...(You know, how dramatic you are, now let's get going or we'll surely get late again in Jha Sir's class and then he will again start his all time ranting).... humare zamane mein...(in our era...)"

" 'bache aise hua karte the'...(students were like)... bla bla bla" Diksha completed her sentence.

They laughed at their joke and went to the class.

*********

"What the hell man! They made a boring day, that too on the very first day itself." Diksha sighed entering the cafeteria with Sejal beside her.