06 | douchebag [part 1]

VI / six

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

Tuesday isn't any better than Monday, it's just a reminder that I've survived the first day but still have three days left to endure. If I count today it would be four.

The day is just beginning, but I was already awake, ready to go to the secret meeting that I have with Kendra in her car. Yes, her car is our secret place, where we confess our concerns and wishes. It's our escape point from all the rest of the world.

For her to be summoning my presence so early, it must be something worth losing sleep.

Today I wasn't very zealous about going to school and actually getting ready to be at least presentable, so I opted to put myself into some black sweatpants and a small red cropped top, for the feet I wore old snickers I have.

I don't have time to tell anyone where I'm going and don't really want to wake anyone up so early in the day.

So I cautiously go down the stairs trying not to make any kind of noise, but to my great luck when I opened the kitchen door it squeaked and the silhouette of something that seemed to be a person jumped abruptly, but barely let out a frightened cry.

I was slightly startled.

"What the freak is wrong with you?!" Nichole, my youngest sister exclaims placing her hands on her chest as if it would calm her down.

"What's wrong with you?" I retaliated, pointing out what she had in her hands. In them she carried bags of potato chips, chocolate bars and also oatmeal.

It amazes me how her body is able to maintain it's perfect figure when the owner spends her time choking on pure junk food.

Can't relate.

"Don't even look at me." She looks down at the amount of food she had in her hands, then removes her gaze from that to return her attention at me. "Why are you creeping around the house at 5 in the damn morning, Rebecca?!" She ends up saying whispering.

"I'm not creeping around!" She gave me a knowing look as if she already knew I wasn't being a hundred percent honest.

I go grab an apple and turn my heels around and without any explanation I stand on the doorframe and say: "I'm going out with Kendra and probably won't be home until nighttime. That's what you'll say if someone asks" I whisper.

I know she will. She always covers for me when something like this comes up and somehow we cross each other somewhere in the house. At least I can trust someone in this house.

For Christ's sake I'm late. So, so late.

I walk through the doorframe leaving her without any other explanation.

The front door opens up when I put my finger on the handle and I turn it, I look outside finding a car black car in our drive way waiting for me to get in.

I bite down my apple as I walk to her Mercedes SUV wagon. Beautiful car, not going to lie.

I hope my parents would trust me enough to buy me a car. It's like they don't trust me with anything, why would I take Drivers Ed and pass it for them not to let me drive a own personal car? Make it make sense, people. I hate depending on my mom's car or my sister to go somewhere.