13 | unrest

XIII / thirteen

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

Today is being such an awful day.

I woke up to the sound of mom and dad arguing too damn early in the morning. It was only five a.m. and they were already destroying each other with words.

For the last few months, all they do is fight in the majority of their time together. It's only getting worse.

That's why I rarely see them together and if they happen to be, they are either discussing how to raise us (which leads to arguments) or just straight up looking like they are participating in a shouting contest to see who was the highest power (ruining the day for everybody).

I'm afraid my parents will eventually file for a divorce. It would break my heart to see the two people I love the most, fall apart just like that.

That's not all that happened today.

I saw Kade. He was looking good, always with the basketball team, with a girl on his lap, -for someone that said that whenever I'm around things get better, he's having a blast without me- and laughing at jokes I couldn't hear. He seemed okay.

Nevertheless, the odd thing about it was that when he noticed I was watching him and Hunter was sitting down next to me, all the happiness that he was transmitting disappeared and he left the cafeteria looking down at the floor.

And I missed him when he wasn't there anymore. Is it possible that now that he does not insist on our relationship, I'm starting to develop feelings towards him?

I am confused.

Now I'm heading to a café with Kendra.

It has been a fat minute since we have hung out properly and now that we got the chance, I won't waste a single second.

"How's Kyle?" I ask, referring to Kendra's brother.

"He's okay, always a champ." She smiles.

That certainly is right. Kyle is the sweetest three-year-old I have met in my entire life. Despite having Down syndrome, he is still a normal baby, although at his young age he already has been through a lot. I love baby Kyle.

"When will I be able to see my adorable baby?", saying with a fruity grin.

"Never! When he's with you, he does the weirdest shit" she whines as we sit down on the café's chairs.

"Oh, please! It's not my fault he likes me better" I laugh.

"Yeah, sure" she roles her eyes, "How are things with Hunter anyway? I see you two got pretty close!"

"Honestly..." I trail off thinking about my meaningless, yet very interesting conversations with Hunter, "I don't exactly know. All we talk about is how annoying his sister and my siblings are, and some other senseless things about each other".

I sigh.

"He doesn't tell me much about himself, I'm almost pretty sure that by now he knows the entire history of my life," I say in a bad mood.

For these past weeks, Hunter and I have grown pretty close. Maybe it's his welcoming aura or just me changing how I see and communicate with people, but when I'm with him a feel no worries whatsoever.

"Isn't that good?"

"Maybe? I don't know. I feel so fucking limited when talking to him, we get along surprisingly well, but he just won't tell me anything". I am utterly confused about how I feel about Hunter.

Sometimes I don't know if I should ask a certain question or say a certain thing because every time I try to dig deeper he pulls me back up, meaning that he avoids my questions or just straightforwardly scolds me harshly.

At first, I didn't want to be near him, he ignited a type of nervousness I haven't felt in a long time. I now got to 'know' him better and see that he isn't all that I supposed him to be.

Though, I don't really know him yet.

"What do you want to know?"

"Him. Like I told you, he's only letting me see the surface" I answer slowly.

"Wow you've gathered a significant amount of complaints in such a short period", she laughs at me, clearly having fun with my situation.

"The fact that I have no clue if he'll ever open up to me gives me anxiety", as the words slip through my mouth, a thought questioning my friendship with him pops up.

Do I want to get involved with him? Although he is a nice person, he still has a dark side that he can't hide. It is extremely perceptible.

I let the sound of the coffee machine calm my soul down, and the smell of freshly baked donuts makes me hungrier.

"You like him don't you?", she tells as she eyes the menu, deciding what to eat and laughs. I frown at the question.

"What? No!".

"You clearly care about him".

Of course, I do.

"Well yeah, we're friends"

"Darling, we are friends" she smiles pointing her finger to both of us, "You are not just 'friends'."

"You're talking nonsense" I huff.

"But in fact, something is going on between you two".

"He's just a very confusing 'friend'!" I whine in response.

"You are not denying it, Rebecca"

"I don't give a fuck".

A waitress comes in our direction and we make our orders.

I have no idea why I am killing myself to this. Ugh, he probably isn't even thinking about this.

I hate it here.

"Kade is with Indiana, did you know that?" Kendra asks and I am left stupefied.

I can't believe that bitch had the nerve to get with my boyfriend. Indiana-fucking-Jackson is the girl, Kade, during our relationship, had told me not to worry about and now he's seeing her?

Doesn't she have some respect for herself? When I was dating Kade, she was always touchy-touchy with him, it was always annoying. And he never did anything about because and I quote 'you're the only one and she's just jealous of you, plus I'd never be with her'. 

"I can't believe that idiot had the audacity!" I hiss and take a sip out my pink drink.

I don't know why I'm hysterical about this, I ended things with him and he's moving on.

But why does it bother me that he's actually accomplishing it?

Kendra laughs at my face and shrugs her shoulders, "Rebecca, do you still like Kade?"

Of course, not. I can't possibly still be into that ass.

"Don't even mention that ass' name again, " I shrug off the thought of Indiana and Kade together.

"You are into some serious shit, my friend!" she states while smiling at the fact that indeed I am.

What the fuck is happening to me?

I was the one that ended things with him because I had no more feelings towards him and the one that yelled at him in front of half the school to back off and move along.

Then, why am I so confused about my feelings?

"Ugh, I know" I whimper acknowledging the likelihood of me still having feelings for Kade.

When I say my days are the shittiest I mean it. And today definitely took a toll on me.

••A/N••
Short chapter today :(
I hope you enjoyed tho!
Vote and comment, please