21 | trust issues

XXI / twenty-one

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

Prom is officially this week. I'm conflicted, very conflicted.

I've not felt like going for a hot minute now, I've never been a fan of it, but the thought of going with Hunter made me rethink it and I decided that it would be cool if I could go with him as a date.

But he doesn't want to. Not even to be with me.

Nevertheless, I do want to go to support Kendra.

With my head being blown by thoughts, I manage to grab an ice cream from the kitchen and head out to my bedroom.

It's three in the morning on a Thursday night, but I can't fucking sleep for some reason. This looks like those nights that you simply wake up not knowing why and on top of that, you wake feeling as shitty as you can get.

That's me at the moment.

I've been thinking about mom and Nichole, Priscila that hasn't responded to my messages in weeks, dad and Johnny, and Hunter and Kade.

I never imagined my life going downcast like this. Every second since mom left has been hardest than the other. I can't find time for myself due to Johnny not being allowed to be home alone, to me having to make my way in the kitchen and the house, and of course school.

I will die of fucking exhaustion.

Arriving at my bedroom, I throw myself on the mattress. Then I eye at my phone and it is being so tempting to call Hunter, for what reason? I don't fucking know!

I never know why I do stuff.

It's like it is calling my name. Ugh, it is too late for your shit, heart!

Nevertheless, seemingly without remote control of my hands, I put the ice cream upon the mattress and grip on my phone.

I sigh before dialing his number.

"Bro, I was sleeping. What do you fucking want?" he whispers on the phone when he picks up with a raspy, guttural voice.

This was wrong. He certainly doesn't like to be woken up at this time.

My hands immediately distance my phone from my ear and I, without giving it a second thought, hang up.

I look at the bowl of ice cream as I throw my phone beside me, "It's you and I again, baby"

Oh my- I seriously need to talk to someone. As soon as possible.

Milliseconds pass as I start to dig the spoon in the chocolate ice cream, but my hands are stopped by the sudden ringing of my cellphone.

I wanted to ignore it, but the curiosity begins to tickle my fingers so they move over the bed to clasp the device.

My heart startles the moment I identify the caller ID.

Fucking Hunter Raymond.

"I thought you weren't gonna pick up!" He exclaims, his voice husky.

"I thought you wanted to sleep!" I counter back, pursing my lips together. 

"I thought it was Tyler, okay? I'm sorry." He tells me, apologetically. "You know I would never talk to you like that"

He still sounds like he's asleep.

"No, I don't mind it. It was wrong of me to call you this late."

"Speak up, Rebecca," he encourages me, "talk it out."