17 | closer

XVII / seventeen

✧𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑✧

My body falls weak onto the hot pavement and I look at the blue cloudy sky.

I fucked up. Again.

If that bastard goes on to tell someone I beat him up once again, I will be fucking dead. I promised my father no more fights, no more problems, but as always, I can't keep my damn fists inside my pocket.

Aside from the split lip and painful cheekbone, I'm completely neat. Jason deserved it though. Every time.

If Rebecca weren't here to stop me, I have no remote notion if I would cease. I lose control over my whole self easily, but with her not leaving me I found the strength to fight its impulses.

Why didn't she run? I'm a monster.

I watch as she wipes the last fallen tears off of her face, "C'mon, I know a place where you can breathe without having to smell people's body odor!" she tells as she jumps up from the ground and sticks her arm out to offer me her hand.

I smile without even wanting to. Since when am I this fucking smiley?

Rebecca sighs, "Come on, get up, Mike Tyson, " grinning she kids. How does she do that?

Only seconds ago she was crying, bawling her eyes out and now it's as if nothing had happened.

"What happened to the 'fuck off'?" I ask slightly panting, taking her hand. She attempts to pull my up but I do the majority of the job. I'm up.

"You absolutely deserved it, Hunter!" she defends as we start to walk away from that place, without our ice cream.

"Fair enough, " I grin.

"You won't touch the damn wheel!" she points out when we get to the parking spot.

"I like it when you're bossy!"

And how fucking much.

•••...•••...•••...•••

"So..." she begins to trail off nervously when we arrive at the mysterious location she was talking about. "This is my secret location, "

It is very isolated from our neighborhood and everything else. I can see why she chose this place: the sound of small birds chirping and tweeting while flying around and resting on tree trunks or branches combined with the warm breeze that's blowing on my face and the very colorful field of a variation of tiny scented flowers is nothing compared to what I've seen.

This girl is full of surprises. The more I learn about her, the more I like being around her.

She starts striding without a warning, but I don't come after, instead, I stay back watching as she goes. I watch as her braids bounce up and down to every move she makes and the wat she walks. She's different. I know she is, I simply can't comprehend why her way of being attracts me this much.

However, she turns around looking confused when I wasn't beside her. I study her every inch with my gaze.

"Damn." I murmur extremely softly, bringing a hand to the back of my neck to scratch it. The orange sun in the afternoon hits her in her fractions, making them gain other shades. Her skin looks chocolatey and glows, and her big eyes turned into a dark orange tone. There is no need to talk about her lips because if I do I will not stop raving about her perfection. Rebecca fucking Gray, huh?