07 | douchebag [part 2]

VII / seven

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

We got to school really late today. After what happened in the car, we went to her house so she could quickly put herself together again.  

It surprises me how little time it took her to look presentable for the day. She'd done her makeup perfectly, there were no signs of evidence that she had been crying just an hour and a half ago. She made sure that her looks wouldn't reflect on what she's feeling on the inside. Her outfit was stunningly cute, it was a white top with nice blue jeans and to complete the look she wore a necklace around her neck and hoop earrings.

I wonder how many times she had done this without me knowing.

"Holy Crap!" I say when I look at the time.

We speeded when we got to the hallway. I let out a giggle when we accidentally passed the door leaving it behind us.

"Stop, stop, stop! Let me catch a breath." She exclaimed wheezing, when she stopped running.

I did as she asked and stopped, panting.

"We're five minutes late" she talks again, struggling to breathe properly.

"Ooh, that's the most exercise I've done in months!" Resting my hands on my knees, I say in the form of a complaint.

"Less talk, more action. Let's knock on the door before it's too late"

Somehow we managed to convince the teacher to let us in.

Long minutes later the bell finally rings around the school, a sign that I can get out of this damn classroom and have my lunch break. My favorite part of the day.

Food is my passion.

"Hey, Reb!" I hear a low voice say behind my back. Not this, not today.

Without even looking back at the person I keep walking towards my destination. I don't have time nor patience for this.

"Rebecca, wait!" He insists. I'm not gonna give him what he wants. "You are not going to talk to me, are you?!

"She doesn't want to talk to you, you prick" My best friend steps in to my recue.

I keep striding. Not looking back at him, but he's quicker than me and moves around my body to stand in front of my way.

"Move the fuck away, Kade" this time I shot him a deadly look, letting him know that I'm not for that bull crap.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to sound like a jerk."

With everything that has already happened today, having to talk to Kade was the last thing I was planning on doing.

"Too bad you did. Now get the freak out of my way" I hissed at him at the same time rolling my eyes. He is pissing me off with that attitude.

If I say no, boy it's a no.

He keeps himself still, and looking straight into my eyes as if in that way he can warm my heart and make me forgive him. I don't know if his intellectual properties allow him to see the anger in my eyes, I wonder if he is noticing that he's only making my heart hotter, not warmer.