19 | really really

XIX / nineteen

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

I was able to make it through Sunday without fainting of exhaustion and uneasiness. The freaking due date and presentation of the project are today but I am definitely not in my right mind to stand in front of the class to talk about some economic growth shit the teacher's making us talk about.

Above all reasons for my uneasiness and why I didn't want to go to school, is the name, Hunter.

I haven't spoken a word to him since the disagreement we had in the car. A part of me is satisfied with the way I behaved, the other part if be is uncertain about whether it was the right thing to do.

"Hey, Skater-girl!" I hear Kendra's voice behind me as I walk down the hallway. An instant smile shapes on my mouth, because damn I have not seen Kendra this weekend.

My goal at the moment is to go apologize to Hunter for the way I treated him, but it's my best friend.

I turn on my heels to be face to face with her as she catches up to my side. "You look like shit!" she expresses disgust.

"What about 'good morning', first?" I arch my eyebrows at her annoyingly.

I know I do, I have barely been sleeping since mom and Nichole left and I'm not taking the time to get myself ready like a princess either.

How much ego got to their heads so they had the courage to leave her six-year-old son/brother and her soon to graduate daughter/sister? When she specifically knows that dad is not present nor tries to be. At times I just wish they were back so everything could be normal to me again, although I know they never will be normal again.

I peek at Hunter, that's where his locker is, with a book in hands. I keep looking at him as if he could be miraculously teleported to me so that I can avoid seconds of mental torture along the way to talk to him.

"Rebecca are you okay?" The sound of Kendra's voice is being muffled in my own head. I can't focus on her at the moment.

"Yeah, I just need to go do something, " I inform her, putting my hands on each of her arms and looking into her eyes.

Although she frowns her eyebrows, she nods in understanding.

When I look at Hunter again, he's talking to Kade. Kade?

I let go of Kendra's arms to start striding in direction of him and Kade. My palms are so sweaty I could wash my hands with the sweat.

Ew, no.

In a distance I hear their mysterious conversation that seems to have a bit of conflict, "...hand this in as soon as possible." Kade is saying muttering.

As I get closer the more my legs fail me because I know I fucked up badly and I know I'm not good with words.

Both of them say the last words, hence Kade starts to walk out of that area as starts to stumble across the hall.

He doesn't look aware of what he's doing. It's like he's not here.

People eye him but do nothing to help him.

I reach him, to try help at something. When I'm close enough to him I scent smell the alcohol coming off his pores.

"Oh my goodness, Kade! You reek of alcohol!" I say scrunching my nose in response to the unpleasant odor coming from him.

He looks at me as I place myself under his arm so he could use me as support and I look at him back. His eyes are bloodshot red and he keeps snorting and rubbing his nose.