24 | aftermath

XXIV / twenty-four

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

Minutes later, Kendra finally comes and finds me balling my eyes out while hugging my legs in the passages seat.

This hurt is unexpectedly worse than I expected it to be. Hunter really was starting to penetrate in my heart, I feel stupid for letting that happen.

Ugh, fuck.

"H– he was–" I say in between hiccups "I found him with another girl, Ken!" My wobbly voice says.

I break down again as images of him and the girl start to dwell around my head.

"Aw, Re!" He utters.

I probably look like shit at the moment, but I already have promised him and myself that there will be no more tears because of him. I let my breathing calm and go back to its normal velocity.

"Please drive Kenny," my voice wobbly and cracked.

•••...•••...•••...•••

As I have committed to myself, I haven't spoken with Hunter throughout the weekend and it has been unbearable not to send him a text or call him to know how he is doing.

But he made sure that I don't do that anymore.

At the moment I'm heading out of the first-period class that by the way, has Hunter in it.

As well as Kade, that hasn't spoken a word to me ever since that incident of him being high at school. I care about him so much and I don't want to see him doing this to himself. It pains me to not be able to help him le know what is going on.

Excruciating isn't even the right word to explain the knot I felt in the chest when Hunter came into that classroom with his hand and wrist covered with splints.

He broke his hand, so what?

He broke my heart. We're even.

Regardless of how bad that night was and what he did to me, to us, I can't stop the feeling of guilt building in my gut. If I hadn't shown up in time, we wouldn't have argued and he would still have his hand faultlessly undamaged.

As soon as I notice what those thinkings are doing to me, I brush them off and stand my ground. He fucked up, not me.

To say that I was irritated when I felt him approach me is an understatement.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I inquire, squealing as he grabs and yanks me by the wrist and pulls me to the closest bathroom.

The boys' bathroom.

I jerk my arm off his hold while looking around me to see that we're completely by ourselves.

Fan-fucking-tastic!

"What part of don't come near me again don't you understand?" I ask, trying not to look at his eyes, but failing miserably because as much as can strive to lie to myself, I love those amber eyes of his.

"We need to talk!" He takes a step forward as he speaks.

I take two steps back.